Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1989 Mustang GT Firing Order and Timing

49K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  91lxmustang 
#1 ·
Hey guys my 89 mustang GT was originally equipped with the High Output option. i put a MSD Distributor in it and forgot to mark where my distributor goes in at.i do not want to be a tooth off. i am looking for dead on. i have my #1 cylinder at top dead center compression stroke. thats about it. thanks for the help

#5 ·
1967 cupe swap

i took my 1967 mustang an d took the stock motor out it was a 302 and put in a 1989 5.0 h.o roller motor i took the intake and carb and put it on the 89 motor and along with the distributor and when i start the car it cranks right up but at at high rpm it reves fine but when it drops in rpm back down to idle it spits back up the carb i thought it was the cam but i took the valve covers off to check the rocker they all moved up and down just fine can any body tell me what to do next. thanks

#9 ·
If thats the case man, you need to change your disturb with one from a 86 mustang h.o because it has the 351 w fireing for the h.o and was equiped with a 4bbl carb i believe.

and is your carb 2bbl? some exhuast runners could be hotter than others because its not getting enough fuel to all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.