Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 Mustang GT Mufflers. Would older Model mufflers work the same?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BobbyJay04 
#1 ·
I just purchased Magnaflow Hi flow Cats and Magnapacks for my 06 Mustang GT. I've been looking at these mufflers online and it kind of looks like i have the older model magnapacks and kind of adds up with the price as well. If this is true would this have a negative or neutral effect on the vehicles sound and performance? To me, the vehicle sounds and runs great though. What do you guys say?

#2 ·
Oh also the Cats i bought were whats looks like rmagnaflows replacement converters and I see they have smaller round looking ones. Did i not buy the better hi flow cats? lol :scratchchin in the description of the cats i bought at the end said "Use to replace failed or damaged OEM converters." So thats just like replacement cats for bad ones lol?

#4 ·
WEll i mean there really isnt like a difference between magnapacks for an 01 lets say, as opposed to magnapacks for an 05+ is there?

#6 ·
Are these the magnapacks you have? MAG-15883 - Magnaflow Stainless Steel Magnapack Axel-Back Exhaust (2005+ Mustang GT) - Catbacks - Mustang Performance Parts
This is what I have on my car and I have these hi-flow cats welded on my prochamber Catalytic Converters @ Last Call Racing - Mustang Exhaust - Mustang Performance Parts
There is a difference between the 99-04 magnapack and 05+. The 05+ has tips attached to the muffler and goes over the axle. The 99-04 muffler goes before the axle and has piping that extends from the muffler.

#7 ·
The magnapacks i got didnt come with tips. but i already had good tips that i previously bought put on. As for the cats, they still looked pretty big and had this shield like thing built in around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.