Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do I really need the battery heat shield

23K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jaja6009 
#1 ·
I bought a new Battery and it's bigger than the OEM. Do you really need the shield ?:headscratch:

#2 ·
mine came up missing after i took my car in to ford. they claim it was never on there.... been 6 months with put it no problem

#7 ·
WOW! Why is that dealer always messing up your ride. The dealer lost one of my billet tire valve stem caps last time I was in there.

Im surprised that the after market has not come up with some custom ones.
Also STLwagon once said this place has good prices on OEM and I think this might be the part.Bob Utter Genuine Ford Parts www.bobutterfordparts.com

#5 ·
The purpose of the heatshield (blanket) is not for winter or to keep the battery warm, its for protection from the heat given off by the exhaust manifold. Over time without it the battery will over heat and burst or reduce the battery life. Cut off the shield side nearest the fender and install. the battery hold down will hold t in place. :bigthumbsup

#8 ·
they make a chrome battery cover for it

#11 ·
#15 ·
Yeah I claim to have billet ones but I think UPR made cast ones and polished them nice and called them billet. I know, I have problems. Well the dealership lost one and kids stole my last set so Im not buying anymore. Back to plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.