Ford Mustang Forum banner

5.0 Turbo kits from ebay?

31K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jraftb 
#1 ·
I was wondering if the turbo kits on e-bay are any good. It seems pretty cheep, But i was wondering how good the stuff is and how nice it fits before i go and spend $1,200 on the kit........Did anyone buy a turbo kit off ebay how was it and how did it fit?

THANKS,
Matt

#2 ·
nooo....please dont buy them...there cheap chisse plastic tubes they dont fit and there turbo dont fit either...i mean its a hit or miss...but i WOULD NOT BUY ONE

#3 ·
I have never had a problem buying parts on ebay. Just make sure you buy REAL BRAND items and not the cheap ebay knock offs.

#5 ·
Just be prepared to do some fabricating on your own, those kits rarely bolt right on without problems. But as long as you're comfortable with buying one, go for it. I myself am always wary of buying used parts because something is always missing from the kit.

#8 ·
I dont see what the problem is. If your getting name brand parts, why does it matter what site you order from?

#10 ·
the only two companies that I would buy a turbo kit from ebay is, pony down turbo kits or HP performance. they sell their stuff on ebay sometimes. but they are definitely not 1200.

#13 ·
there is a member here that bought that 1400 dollar kit and is pushing almost 500hp look for the thread the piping is all stainless and looks pretty good, but id upgrade to the better turbo:bigthumbsup

#14 ·
That would be the on3performance kit he has. Haven't heard any complaints on that kit just yet, here's the web site even thought this is an old thread some of yall might find it useful.

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

#15 ·
to the op do you hae a link to your turbo kit that your looking at ? some kits are different then others some are crap some are ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.