Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Cylinder Bench bleeding..is it a MUST?

9K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kilog55 
#1 ·
I just converted to 4-disc brake on my '91LX.. I installed a SS brakelines, made my own hardlines for the rear, new calipers and cobra MC... is bench bleeding on MC a MUST?

#2 ·
Im going to flush the old fluid on the system and use a synthetic brake fluid...

the way I understand the bench bleeding is, it shortens the process of bleeding the whole system by not sending the air contained by the new master cylinder into the lines! So, if I skip the bench bleeding of the MC, and just go on ahead and flush the system, wont I get out all the air out on whole system?

#3 ·
This is how dealerships do it. I've done many this way. Its much faster than throwing it in and trying to bleed all the air out. So yes I would say its a must do to shorten the process.

#6 ·
yeah, but if the whole purpose of it is to just shorten the process, and nothing else, then I'll just do the longer process since I already have everything hooked up...I wanted to flush the line real anyway to get rid of the moistures..if there's any in there.

#9 ·
Somebodys leg is gonna be gettin tired :laugh: but worth it in the end. I might do this to mine too, not sure if the fluid was ever changed.. Hmmm :scratchchin

#7 ·
Most master cylinders contain the fittings and lines that you can do bench or oncar bleeding. But if you plan on flushing the system and replacing the fluid I'd say bleeding before installation isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.