Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2001 Mustang V6 how much hp do i have?

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SilverBullet07 
#1 ·
i have 2001 mustang v6 with 3.73 gear and lsd plus a cai and a single flowmaster

#2 ·
about 10-12 hp over stock if ur car is finely tuned

gears dont add HP
muffler dont add but 1-4
cai non tuned, maybe 5-10

#3 ·
I hear different folks using horsepower rating at the flywheel, and some at the rear-end. Is this worth noting?

#4 ·
i meant a few hp at the fw. he prolly got 5 hp at the wheels if that.
alot of trans i do belive lose 10-15% i could be worng depending on trans

#5 ·
manny tranny's lose about 12%, auto's lose about 15-18%

i would say with those mods, you would be just about breaking even. id say maybe 5-10 over factory stock to the wheels. those 3.73's actually make you LOSE a bit of power, but it wont feel like it. CAI untuned will net you maybe 5 to the rear wheels, and the muffler may net you 5 to the wheels, but its not just straight addition, you gain less and less from each mod when your car gets less and less stock. id say you prolly gained 6 or 7 to the wheels

#6 ·
manny tranny's lose about 12%, auto's lose about 15-18%

i would say with those mods, you would be just about breaking even. id say maybe 5-10 over factory stock to the wheels. those 3.73's actually make you LOSE a bit of power, but it wont feel like it. CAI untuned will net you maybe 5 to the rear wheels, and the muffler may net you 5 to the wheels, but its not just straight addition, you gain less and less from each mod when your car gets less and less stock. id say you prolly gained 6 or 7 to the wheels

lol dont confuse him thats why i dident menton they lose power. lol

fact is its hard to tell.
depending on how well maintained and tolerances of some parts it can vary from car to car

#8 ·
i forgot to says its a auto but i got this car in a auction and its seemed well taken care of. I'm not sure about being tuned.

#12 ·
All those numbers sound right to me. My '01 was 193rwhp, and 240rwtq N/A with CAI, 3:73's performance tune, and dual exhaust. Point being, all motors are different. One could have 193bhp, and the next one 173bhp. It is all based on if the engine builder got lucky the night before. I guess mine did. :laugh:

#15 ·
yeah but look at that torque curve dude. you are basically maxed out for torque from 3200 all the way up to 5K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.