Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I seem to have no heat

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TOM RENZO 
#1 ·
I put a new thermostat on my 2.3 because the old one was bad. The car looks to be running at temperature but the air coming from the dash doesn't feel very warm. any body have any ideas?

#3 ·
well i guess it could be possible that the new thermostat failed from the get go, but i checked the heat right after i put it in. i let the car warm up of course. Its been a problem for awhile, I just figured it was a stuck thermostat. now its getting cold and i have no good heat.

#5 ·
id also check your temp cable going from the dial to the heater core. also might be a broke vacuum line. one of mine broke and i had no a/c. it wouldnt do anything but blow out the defrost vent and floor. i know just enuf to get me in trouble so these are just other ideas. good luck.

#8 ·
The fans running should not be an issue. Years ago the 2.3 had a belt driven cooling fan and the heat was not a problem. Now Ford has a TECH bulletin on a no heat condition. The fix is to replace the watter neck and install a FORD only stat and properly index it. Also try disconnecting the heater hoses and get your garden hose out and force preasure from the hose through the heater core in one direction then reverse the process. This will sometimes flush out a clogged CORE. peace Tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.