Ford Mustang Forum banner

Junkyard source for high torgue mini starters?

899 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Stustu07 
#1 ·
I see that Powermaster has one for the 2.3, but it's a tad pricey. Was wondering if there were any cars/trucks with the 2.3 that had these stock.

Thanks,
Russ

#2 ·
1 you would need to do some retiring and you would need a few other parts besides the mini starter itself for the conversion... You can go on oreily put in a 92 to 93 mustang as your choice and then see which other vehicles use the same starter... Also you can google how to do the conversion I used to have a link to it but I don't know where it is anymore, read this I don't know about the list that's given for cars but look at the wiring diagram High Torque Mini Starter Question | Mustang Forums at StangNet

Make sure to grab the solenoid also with the starter..

I did a quick search on here and found a thread that lead me to this link http://forums.corral.net/forums/5769935-post1.html

#3 ·
Thanks.

Wiring is easy to me. I completely rewired the engine compartment of my Pinto to include headlight and horn relays, and then tore it apart to use on my Ranchero, where I also added a Lincoln MK VIII electric fan with relays. But then I am (or would be if I could find a job) an electronic technician, so that stuff is second nature to me. Changing/improving a car's wiring is fun to me.

I was surprised to see that Powermaster has a starter for this engine. Not that I will probably ever need one, but if I can find one at the right price that is an improvement worth doing. You never know, I may someday mill the head and raise the compression. :surprise:

Russ

#5 ·
this will stay N/A. I just have never been a fan of turbos, although I know that isn't right.
The starter would be an only if I got one cheap thing to do.
And there are way way too many of these with the 302 (5.0). If I ever did an engine I would likely put a 351 Cleveland in it. That is my favorite Ford engine.
Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.