Ford Mustang Forum banner

BT micro in Map light Dome

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bl817 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.

Anyone here build in the Hand-free Microphone in the Map light console ( Dome) , or can maybe send me a link if available ?

My micro and HU is Pioneer, but any build-in examples are fine :) :)

Henrik :smile:

#2 ·
Actually, I did. I put a smallish hole in the middle of my map light console of my '05 convertible. It actually works quite well there. It does stick out a bit. I tried mounting it flush, but the background noise made it impossible for others to hear me. So I brought it out a bit, about 3/8", and it works fine. Just enough to expose the little air slots on the side of the mic, which I imagine is what allows the noise canceling to work. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

#6 ·
Why don't you mount it on the steering column cover? That way the microphone is right in front of your face. Clarity is perfect in this position.

#8 ·
I get complaints as well. I mounted my mic on the steering column thinking it would be the ideal place, guess not. I think road noise thru the column gets transferred and makes me hard to hear. when I get around to removing my headunit yet again, ill move the mic to the sun visor, finally found the clip for it. the map light install looks great tho. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.