Ford Mustang Forum banner

2005 GT Failsafe Mode

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  40th GT 
#1 · (Edited)
Please bare with me as I am a newbie!

First, thank you all for this forum. We recently had a great deal of rain in the Southeast and my 2005 GT began leaking water into passenger floorboard. I found a thread on this website that directed me to a clogged rubber tube near the firewall. I removed some leaves from the tube and the water drained. The leak stopped!

My problem now is the car starts in "Engine Failsafe Mode" Based on my luck, I'm assuming something got wet when there was water in the passenger floorboard. I had a friend read the OBD codes and they are as follows:
C1234
P1000
P2104
P2111
U1900

I replaced the TPS sensor yesterday hoping this was the only problem but no luck! The car will start and idle (rough) but no response from the throttle. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Joey

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
The P1000 is a OBD readiness code. This will go away on its own once the drive cycles are complete (usually 50 miles of varied driving on the interstate and stop/go). The list of these conditions need to be met: Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

P2104 and 2111 are throttle body related and there are several things that can go wrong here. Since you've already replaced the TPS sensor, try wiggling the TPS wires around with the key on/engine off and listen for a change in pitch from the throttle body motor. The motor and/or gear itself could be bad too so if the wiring is test good, you may need to try a different TB.

The other codes may very well be SJB related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.