What is the best SuperCharger? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
eLLuSioNiST's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 86
 
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
Exclamation What is the best SuperCharger?

i have a Mustang gt 06 Auto Mods:

Steeda Cai + Carbon Fiber Elbow + SCT X3
Steeda Pulleys
Steeda Economy Delete Plates
Frpp 3.73
Kooks LT Headers + Kooks O/R X-Pipe
FlowMaster Exshaust

so what is the best supercharger for me and please provide me with some links and many thanks guys!!
eLLuSioNiST is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008
Top Dog
V6 Member
4.6L Member
 
fobra559's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Visalia
Posts: 5,067
 
What are your goals? Peak hp or instant boost. Peak hp are great from Centrifugal SC's suck as Vortech, Procharger, Paxton, etc. Instant boost, great for off the line low end power is Kenne Bell, Whipple, Saleen, etc There are many out there and a lot of guys on here will give you an idea which to go with and what's good but you have to know what you want.

2003 Mustang GT Fobra, Sonic Blue 4R70W
400rwhp/382rwtq - Mods in profile
Tuned by All Out Performance

Daily Driver
2001 Mustang V6, Oxford White 4R70W
Mods in profile
fobra559 is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
eLLuSioNiST's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 86
 
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
i think i want the peak hp i dont want it from 0
eLLuSioNiST is offline  
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008
Top Dog
V6 Member
4.6L Member
 
fobra559's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Visalia
Posts: 5,067
 
Then Centrifugal SC's are what your looking for. Is your car going to be a daily driver or drag or both?

2003 Mustang GT Fobra, Sonic Blue 4R70W
400rwhp/382rwtq - Mods in profile
Tuned by All Out Performance

Daily Driver
2001 Mustang V6, Oxford White 4R70W
Mods in profile
fobra559 is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
eLLuSioNiST's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 86
 
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
im a daily driver i only do street race if i see any car that wants to race in the street then i race.
eLLuSioNiST is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
eLLuSioNiST's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 86
 
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
i like the sound of the whine like the gt500 have its awsome!! i want that sound so what do u recommend guys!?
eLLuSioNiST is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
 
04KenneBellGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 2,846
 
Fobra couldnt have said it better. If ya want to be able to just stomp it and make boost then look for Kenne Bell or Whipple. But you say you want peak power so i would check out Vortec, then Procharger. Pretty sure both are self lubed, always get them mixed up. But either would be good for a daily dirver with a conservative dyno tune,

-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
04KenneBellGT is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008
Senior Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
tached_out's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Clovis, Ca
Posts: 2,637
 
YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT Procharger and Kooks Dyno Run

this is my procharged P1SC mustang on the dyno making 550rwhp on low boost. 9.5psi it will be tuned at 15lbs soon.

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
tached_out is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008
Top Dog
V6 Member
4.6L Member
 
fobra559's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Visalia
Posts: 5,067
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04KenneBellGT View Post
Fobra couldnt have said it better. If ya want to be able to just stomp it and make boost then look for Kenne Bell or Whipple. But you say you want peak power so i would check out Vortec, then Procharger.
Isn't that what you would find in a Chevy Just teasing lol.

Yeah, but if your going to street race then I would go with a Kenne Bell or Whipple. That would probably be your best bet as the instant boost will make your daily drives a lot more fun. Be careful out there on the streets. Ever thought about going to the tracks?

2003 Mustang GT Fobra, Sonic Blue 4R70W
400rwhp/382rwtq - Mods in profile
Tuned by All Out Performance

Daily Driver
2001 Mustang V6, Oxford White 4R70W
Mods in profile
fobra559 is offline  
Top Dog
V6 Member
4.6L Member
 
fobra559's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Visalia
Posts: 5,067
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tached_out View Post
this is my procharged P1SC mustang on the dyno making 550rwhp on low boost. 9.5psi it will be tuned at 15lbs soon.
Have you got your ride tuned by Adam yet?

2003 Mustang GT Fobra, Sonic Blue 4R70W
400rwhp/382rwtq - Mods in profile
Tuned by All Out Performance

Daily Driver
2001 Mustang V6, Oxford White 4R70W
Mods in profile
fobra559 is offline  
Made Member
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
Beagle1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 705
 
WOW! This is like asking what oil do you use...

So far everyone has had reasonable and rational answers with explanations. (one reason I prefer this Mustang site to the others).

My preference is in my sig. I am a little biased because of my ability to get a deal through my employer (it isn't Magnuson). But after having it and using it...I can whole heartedly recommend them and also I install them as a drop off/pick up kit on S197s or F150s.

Illusionist, you are likely going to have to ditch your U/D pulleys with a supercharger. Some kits you will be able to use your CAI with a custom tune.
Beagle1 is offline  
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
 
04KenneBellGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 2,846
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobra559 View Post
Isn't that what you would find in a Chevy Just teasing lol.

Yeah, but if your going to street race then I would go with a Kenne Bell or Whipple. That would probably be your best bet as the instant boost will make your daily drives a lot more fun. Be careful out there on the streets. Ever thought about going to the tracks?
Oh yeah lol. Left out the H in Vortech.

-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
04KenneBellGT is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
eLLuSioNiST's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 86
 
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
i heard that whipple isnt that good or lets say i heard that the superchargers like whipple is harder to do maintenance for? but the problem i love the sound of the whipple or kennebell superchargers sounds better than a procharger!!
eLLuSioNiST is offline  
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
ponyexpress1573's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Owasso
Posts: 142
 
I mat get blasted because they are not the most powerful but to me their package is the best engineered and that is Roush. Oh I get info from them from time to time and the new TVS system is out and available.
For Immediate Release
UNLEASH UP TO 700 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW TVS2300 ROUSHCHARGER(r)
LIVONIA, Mich. (July 10, 2008) - ROUSH(r) Performance has always been the leader in powertrain performance and with the introduction of the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger(r) it is possible for owners of any 2005 to 2009 Ford Mustang GT to inject up to 700 horsepower under the hood.
The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger will be available in a variety of packages to fit the needs from enthusiasts wanting a new complete kit with a warranty, those simply looking to get the maximum horsepower with a custom tune, and owners wishing to upgrade a car with an existing ROUSHcharger system. The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger was first used on the
2008 ROUSH P-51A(tm) Mustang vehicle builds to much acclaim.
For those willing to explore the wild side, the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is now sold separately allowing custom tuners to develop their own calibration which can push the horsepower anywhere from 510 to more than 700. This is the first time that ROUSH is offering specialty tuning firms the option of using their own calibrations and being creative with their tune on a ROUSHcharger. This kit includes a cold air intake system, unique fuel rail with 52 lb.-hr. injectors, a dual 60 mm electronic throttle body, all hardware, brackets and instructions. With a one-year component warranty, this kit retails for $5,899 (part number 403994).
Owners of an existing ROUSHcharger system can upgrade to the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger for $4,999 (part number 403995). This kit includes several of the same components above but utilizes as many of the installed ROUSHcharger components as practical to help reduce the upgrade cost.
Customers will need to work with a custom tuner for maximum performance.
For complete details, visit
www.ROUSHperformance.com.
The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton's new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.
"The gloves are off for the specialty tuners to get really creative with a ROUSHcharger now," said Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance. "We're excited to see what some of these guys can do with the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger and really explore the type of performance that this new unit is capable of. We've heard some numbers from a couple of exploratory installs already and I must say that they are very impressive."
The complete kit with a ROUSH-backed 3-year/36,000 mile engine warranty will be available shortly. This version of the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is 50-state legal and rated at 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.
Included in the package is the complete TVS2300 ROUSHcharger system featuring new upper and lower intake manifolds for the high capacity air-to-water intercooler and larger TVS supercharger. A custom ROUSH calibration is included, as well as new fuel rails and high-flow 52 pound fuel injectors, a high-flow capacity fuel pump, as well as a dual electronic throttle body. A ROUSH Cold Air Kit with a stylish carbon fiber clean air tube helps to dress up the engine bay and provides improved performance.
This kit also includes a ROUSH-assembled short block with forged components such as a steel eight-bolt crankshaft, aluminum flywheel, aluminum pistons with increased dish to lower the compression from 9:8 to 8:6, and steel H-Beam connecting rods.
Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. To get a look behind the scenes at what goes on at ROUSH and how the vehicles and parts are designed, manufactured, tested and produced logon to
www.ROUSHtv.com. In addition to the array of Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TVS2300ROUSHcharger.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	47933  
ponyexpress1573 is offline  
Senior Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
tached_out's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Clovis, Ca
Posts: 2,637
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobra559 View Post
Have you got your ride tuned by Adam yet?
my car is still at finish line right now and not tuned. I have the pumps at the shop so i hope to have to have it done in about 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLLuSioNiST View Post
i heard that whipple isnt that good or lets say i heard that the superchargers like whipple is harder to do maintenance for? but the problem i love the sound of the whipple or kennebell superchargers sounds better than a procharger!!
what do you mean whipple is harder to do maintenance on? When .people tell you this info ask them what is harder to do and how is it different in the maintenance over a KB. We installed a blower on an 04 cobra in 30 mins. the other day. Sure its just an upgrade but they do not take long at all. I perfer my self the sound of a procharger just because they are more aggressive and noticable. driving down the road my car turns EVERY head. with a TS they may not notice until you go WOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyexpress1573 View Post
I mat get blasted because they are not the most powerful but to me their package is the best engineered and that is Roush. Oh I get info from them from time to time and the new TVS system is out and available.
For Immediate Release
UNLEASH UP TO 700 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW TVS2300 ROUSHCHARGER(r)
LIVONIA, Mich. (July 10, 2008) - ROUSH(r) Performance has always been the leader in powertrain performance and with the introduction of the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger(r) it is possible for owners of any 2005 to 2009 Ford Mustang GT to inject up to 700 horsepower under the hood.
The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger will be available in a variety of packages to fit the needs from enthusiasts wanting a new complete kit with a warranty, those simply looking to get the maximum horsepower with a custom tune, and owners wishing to upgrade a car with an existing ROUSHcharger system. The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger was first used on the
2008 ROUSH P-51A(tm) Mustang vehicle builds to much acclaim.
For those willing to explore the wild side, the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is now sold separately allowing custom tuners to develop their own calibration which can push the horsepower anywhere from 510 to more than 700. This is the first time that ROUSH is offering specialty tuning firms the option of using their own calibrations and being creative with their tune on a ROUSHcharger. This kit includes a cold air intake system, unique fuel rail with 52 lb.-hr. injectors, a dual 60 mm electronic throttle body, all hardware, brackets and instructions. With a one-year component warranty, this kit retails for $5,899 (part number 403994).
Owners of an existing ROUSHcharger system can upgrade to the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger for $4,999 (part number 403995). This kit includes several of the same components above but utilizes as many of the installed ROUSHcharger components as practical to help reduce the upgrade cost.
Customers will need to work with a custom tuner for maximum performance.
For complete details, visit
www.ROUSHperformance.com.
The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton's new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.
"The gloves are off for the specialty tuners to get really creative with a ROUSHcharger now," said Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance. "We're excited to see what some of these guys can do with the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger and really explore the type of performance that this new unit is capable of. We've heard some numbers from a couple of exploratory installs already and I must say that they are very impressive."
The complete kit with a ROUSH-backed 3-year/36,000 mile engine warranty will be available shortly. This version of the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is 50-state legal and rated at 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.
Included in the package is the complete TVS2300 ROUSHcharger system featuring new upper and lower intake manifolds for the high capacity air-to-water intercooler and larger TVS supercharger. A custom ROUSH calibration is included, as well as new fuel rails and high-flow 52 pound fuel injectors, a high-flow capacity fuel pump, as well as a dual electronic throttle body. A ROUSH Cold Air Kit with a stylish carbon fiber clean air tube helps to dress up the engine bay and provides improved performance.
This kit also includes a ROUSH-assembled short block with forged components such as a steel eight-bolt crankshaft, aluminum flywheel, aluminum pistons with increased dish to lower the compression from 9:8 to 8:6, and steel H-Beam connecting rods.
Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. To get a look behind the scenes at what goes on at ROUSH and how the vehicles and parts are designed, manufactured, tested and produced logon to
www.ROUSHtv.com. In addition to the array of Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
The most power a Roush will get is 475ish RWHP and there blowers are only capable of 10psi before they are over spooled

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
tached_out is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Random Question

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183