Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 07-06-2008   #1 (permalink)
eLLuSioNiST is offline Apprentice

S197 Member

eLLuSioNiST's Country Flag  View eLLuSioNiST's 1 photo
Kuwait
eLLuSioNiST is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eLLuSioNiST
Exclamation What is the best SuperCharger?

i have a Mustang gt 06 Auto Mods:

Steeda Cai + Carbon Fiber Elbow + SCT X3
Steeda Pulleys
Steeda Economy Delete Plates
Frpp 3.73
Kooks LT Headers + Kooks O/R X-Pipe
FlowMaster Exshaust

so what is the best supercharger for me and please provide me with some links and many thanks guys!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
fobra559 is offline Top Dog

V6 Member
4.6L Member

fobra559's Country Flag  View fobra559's 13 photos
Visalia   California
fobra559 is on a distinguished road

What are your goals? Peak hp or instant boost. Peak hp are great from Centrifugal SC's suck as Vortech, Procharger, Paxton, etc. Instant boost, great for off the line low end power is Kenne Bell, Whipple, Saleen, etc There are many out there and a lot of guys on here will give you an idea which to go with and what's good but you have to know what you want.

Daily Driver
2001 Mustang V6, Oxford White 4R70W
Mods in profile
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 07-06-2008   #3 (permalink)

S197 Member

Kuwait

i think i want the peak hp i dont want it from 0
Unread 07-06-2008   #4 (permalink)

V6 Member
4.6L Member

Visalia   California

Then Centrifugal SC's are what your looking for. Is your car going to be a daily driver or drag or both?

Daily Driver
Mods in profile
Unread 07-06-2008   #5 (permalink)

S197 Member

Kuwait

im a daily driver i only do street race if i see any car that wants to race in the street then i race.
Unread 07-06-2008   #6 (permalink)

S197 Member

Kuwait

i like the sound of the whine like the gt500 have its awsome!! i want that sound so what do u recommend guys!?
Unread 07-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
04KenneBellGT is offline MACH I Member

4.6L Member

04KenneBellGT's Country Flag  View 04KenneBellGT's 28 photos
Hendersonville   North Carolina
04KenneBellGT is on a distinguished road

Fobra couldnt have said it better. If ya want to be able to just stomp it and make boost then look for Kenne Bell or Whipple. But you say you want peak power so i would check out Vortec, then Procharger. Pretty sure both are self lubed, always get them mixed up. But either would be good for a daily dirver with a conservative dyno tune,
-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
Unread 07-06-2008   #8 (permalink)
tached_out is offline Senior Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

tached_out's Country Flag  View tached_out's 37 photos  View tached_out's HomePage
Clovis, Ca   California
tached_out is on a distinguished road

this is my procharged P1SC mustang on the dyno making 550rwhp on low boost. 9.5psi it will be tuned at 15lbs soon.
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
Unread 07-06-2008   #9 (permalink)

V6 Member
4.6L Member

Visalia   California

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04KenneBellGT View Post
Fobra couldnt have said it better. If ya want to be able to just stomp it and make boost then look for Kenne Bell or Whipple. But you say you want peak power so i would check out Vortec, then Procharger.
Isn't that what you would find in a Chevy Just teasing lol.

Yeah, but if your going to street race then I would go with a Kenne Bell or Whipple. That would probably be your best bet as the instant boost will make your daily drives a lot more fun. Be careful out there on the streets. Ever thought about going to the tracks?

Daily Driver
Mods in profile
Unread 07-06-2008   #10 (permalink)

V6 Member
4.6L Member

Visalia   California

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached_out View Post
this is my procharged P1SC mustang on the dyno making 550rwhp on low boost. 9.5psi it will be tuned at 15lbs soon.
Have you got your ride tuned by Adam yet?

Daily Driver
Mods in profile
Unread 07-06-2008   #11 (permalink)
Beagle1 is offline Made Member

Classic Member
S197 Member

Beagle1's Country Flag  View Beagle1's 61 photos
Metro Detroit   Michigan
Beagle1 is on a distinguished road

WOW! This is like asking what oil do you use...

So far everyone has had reasonable and rational answers with explanations. (one reason I prefer this Mustang site to the others).

My preference is in my sig. I am a little biased because of my ability to get a deal through my employer (it isn't Magnuson). But after having it and using it...I can whole heartedly recommend them and also I install them as a drop off/pick up kit on S197s or F150s.

Illusionist, you are likely going to have to ditch your U/D pulleys with a supercharger. Some kits you will be able to use your CAI with a custom tune.
Unread 07-07-2008   #12 (permalink)
04KenneBellGT is offline MACH I Member

4.6L Member

04KenneBellGT's Country Flag  View 04KenneBellGT's 28 photos
Hendersonville   North Carolina
04KenneBellGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobra559 View Post
Isn't that what you would find in a Chevy Just teasing lol.

Yeah, but if your going to street race then I would go with a Kenne Bell or Whipple. That would probably be your best bet as the instant boost will make your daily drives a lot more fun. Be careful out there on the streets. Ever thought about going to the tracks?
Oh yeah lol. Left out the H in Vortech.
-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
Unread 07-11-2008   #13 (permalink)

S197 Member

Kuwait

i heard that whipple isnt that good or lets say i heard that the superchargers like whipple is harder to do maintenance for? but the problem i love the sound of the whipple or kennebell superchargers sounds better than a procharger!!
Unread 07-11-2008   #14 (permalink)
ponyexpress1573 is offline Apprentice

V6 Member
S197 Member

ponyexpress1573's Country Flag
Owasso   Oklahoma
ponyexpress1573 is on a distinguished road

I mat get blasted because they are not the most powerful but to me their package is the best engineered and that is Roush. Oh I get info from them from time to time and the new TVS system is out and available.
For Immediate Release
UNLEASH UP TO 700 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW TVS2300 ROUSHCHARGER(r)
LIVONIA, Mich. (July 10, 2008) - ROUSH(r) Performance has always been the leader in powertrain performance and with the introduction of the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger(r) it is possible for owners of any 2005 to 2009 Ford Mustang GT to inject up to 700 horsepower under the hood.
The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger will be available in a variety of packages to fit the needs from enthusiasts wanting a new complete kit with a warranty, those simply looking to get the maximum horsepower with a custom tune, and owners wishing to upgrade a car with an existing ROUSHcharger system. The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger was first used on the
2008 ROUSH P-51A(tm) Mustang vehicle builds to much acclaim.
For those willing to explore the wild side, the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is now sold separately allowing custom tuners to develop their own calibration which can push the horsepower anywhere from 510 to more than 700. This is the first time that ROUSH is offering specialty tuning firms the option of using their own calibrations and being creative with their tune on a ROUSHcharger. This kit includes a cold air intake system, unique fuel rail with 52 lb.-hr. injectors, a dual 60 mm electronic throttle body, all hardware, brackets and instructions. With a one-year component warranty, this kit retails for $5,899 (part number 403994).
Owners of an existing ROUSHcharger system can upgrade to the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger for $4,999 (part number 403995). This kit includes several of the same components above but utilizes as many of the installed ROUSHcharger components as practical to help reduce the upgrade cost.
Customers will need to work with a custom tuner for maximum performance.
For complete details, visit
www.ROUSHperformance.com.
The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton's new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.
"The gloves are off for the specialty tuners to get really creative with a ROUSHcharger now," said Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance. "We're excited to see what some of these guys can do with the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger and really explore the type of performance that this new unit is capable of. We've heard some numbers from a couple of exploratory installs already and I must say that they are very impressive."
The complete kit with a ROUSH-backed 3-year/36,000 mile engine warranty will be available shortly. This version of the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is 50-state legal and rated at 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.
Included in the package is the complete TVS2300 ROUSHcharger system featuring new upper and lower intake manifolds for the high capacity air-to-water intercooler and larger TVS supercharger. A custom ROUSH calibration is included, as well as new fuel rails and high-flow 52 pound fuel injectors, a high-flow capacity fuel pump, as well as a dual electronic throttle body. A ROUSH Cold Air Kit with a stylish carbon fiber clean air tube helps to dress up the engine bay and provides improved performance.
This kit also includes a ROUSH-assembled short block with forged components such as a steel eight-bolt crankshaft, aluminum flywheel, aluminum pistons with increased dish to lower the compression from 9:8 to 8:6, and steel H-Beam connecting rods.
Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. To get a look behind the scenes at what goes on at ROUSH and how the vehicles and parts are designed, manufactured, tested and produced logon to
www.ROUSHtv.com. In addition to the array of Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
Attached Thumbnails
What is the best SuperCharger?-tvs2300roushcharger.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2008   #15 (permalink)
tached_out is offline Senior Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

tached_out's Country Flag  View tached_out's 37 photos  View tached_out's HomePage
Clovis, Ca   California
tached_out is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobra559 View Post
Have you got your ride tuned by Adam yet?
my car is still at finish line right now and not tuned. I have the pumps at the shop so i hope to have to have it done in about 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLLuSioNiST View Post
i heard that whipple isnt that good or lets say i heard that the superchargers like whipple is harder to do maintenance for? but the problem i love the sound of the whipple or kennebell superchargers sounds better than a procharger!!
what do you mean whipple is harder to do maintenance on? When .people tell you this info ask them what is harder to do and how is it different in the maintenance over a KB. We installed a blower on an 04 cobra in 30 mins. the other day. Sure its just an upgrade but they do not take long at all. I perfer my self the sound of a procharger just because they are more aggressive and noticable. driving down the road my car turns EVERY head. with a TS they may not notice until you go WOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyexpress1573 View Post
I mat get blasted because they are not the most powerful but to me their package is the best engineered and that is Roush. Oh I get info from them from time to time and the new TVS system is out and available.
For Immediate Release
UNLEASH UP TO 700 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW TVS2300 ROUSHCHARGER(r)
LIVONIA, Mich. (July 10, 2008) - ROUSH(r) Performance has always been the leader in powertrain performance and with the introduction of the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger(r) it is possible for owners of any 2005 to 2009 Ford Mustang GT to inject up to 700 horsepower under the hood.
The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger will be available in a variety of packages to fit the needs from enthusiasts wanting a new complete kit with a warranty, those simply looking to get the maximum horsepower with a custom tune, and owners wishing to upgrade a car with an existing ROUSHcharger system. The new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger was first used on the
2008 ROUSH P-51A(tm) Mustang vehicle builds to much acclaim.
For those willing to explore the wild side, the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is now sold separately allowing custom tuners to develop their own calibration which can push the horsepower anywhere from 510 to more than 700. This is the first time that ROUSH is offering specialty tuning firms the option of using their own calibrations and being creative with their tune on a ROUSHcharger. This kit includes a cold air intake system, unique fuel rail with 52 lb.-hr. injectors, a dual 60 mm electronic throttle body, all hardware, brackets and instructions. With a one-year component warranty, this kit retails for $5,899 (part number 403994).
Owners of an existing ROUSHcharger system can upgrade to the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger for $4,999 (part number 403995). This kit includes several of the same components above but utilizes as many of the installed ROUSHcharger components as practical to help reduce the upgrade cost.
Customers will need to work with a custom tuner for maximum performance.
For complete details, visit
www.ROUSHperformance.com.
The TVS2300 ROUSHcharger utilizes Eaton's new Twin Vortices Series technology. The patented design on this supercharger system features a four-lobe rotor and high-flow inlet which greatly enhances thermal efficiency, higher volume capacity, and higher operational speeds.
"The gloves are off for the specialty tuners to get really creative with a ROUSHcharger now," said Joe Thompson, general manager of ROUSH Performance. "We're excited to see what some of these guys can do with the new TVS2300 ROUSHcharger and really explore the type of performance that this new unit is capable of. We've heard some numbers from a couple of exploratory installs already and I must say that they are very impressive."
The complete kit with a ROUSH-backed 3-year/36,000 mile engine warranty will be available shortly. This version of the TVS2300 ROUSHcharger is 50-state legal and rated at 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.
Included in the package is the complete TVS2300 ROUSHcharger system featuring new upper and lower intake manifolds for the high capacity air-to-water intercooler and larger TVS supercharger. A custom ROUSH calibration is included, as well as new fuel rails and high-flow 52 pound fuel injectors, a high-flow capacity fuel pump, as well as a dual electronic throttle body. A ROUSH Cold Air Kit with a stylish carbon fiber clean air tube helps to dress up the engine bay and provides improved performance.
This kit also includes a ROUSH-assembled short block with forged components such as a steel eight-bolt crankshaft, aluminum flywheel, aluminum pistons with increased dish to lower the compression from 9:8 to 8:6, and steel H-Beam connecting rods.
Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at ROUSH Performance. To get a look behind the scenes at what goes on at ROUSH and how the vehicles and parts are designed, manufactured, tested and produced logon to
www.ROUSHtv.com. In addition to the array of Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.ROUSHperformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
The most power a Roush will get is 475ish RWHP and there blowers are only capable of 10psi before they are over spooled
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162