Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005-2014 Mustangs > 2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 03-30-2011   #1 (permalink)
Student4Gold is offline Rookie

Student4Gold's Country Flag
DE
Student4Gold is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 Mustang GT Alarm goes off randomly

Hello,

I have an 2005 Mustang GT with active anti theft system.

In February i washed my car and a few days later, i recognized that i have water on the driverside and on the other side.
This problem i solved by replacing the seal at the doors. no everything is dry.

But since this time my alarm goes off randomly. mostly without setting up an message on the instruments ( only one time there was "Security event approched" ).

I checked the SJB , but there is no problem with it, it is dry and has never seen water.

Now i want to deactivate the alarm totaly, but i dont know how.
I talked to heat performance but they can only deactivate the PATS with a tune, not the AATS.

Has anyone an idea, how to deactivate the alarm completly?

I live in germany and the ford dealers just tell me, they could not deactivate it.

Nice greetz from germany.
Benjamin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2011   #2 (permalink)
aiminglow is offline Made Member

S197 Member

aiminglow's Country Flag  View aiminglow's 28 photos  View aiminglow's HomePage
Forest   Virginia
aiminglow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to aiminglow

Are the windows open when this happens?
Flow: Flowmaster American Thunders.
Stereo: Pioneer DEH 2200ub.
Oh and of course, the lead foot mod
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 03-30-2011   #3 (permalink)

DE

No, they are closed.

I think there are two possible reasons for the problem.
a) one sensor is damaged ( door, trunk, hood ) but than it should display a message on the dash
b) the alarm box is damaged . this is what i think because no message on the dash, so it seems to be an reasonless panic-alarm..
Unread 03-30-2011   #4 (permalink)
aiminglow is offline Made Member

S197 Member

aiminglow's Country Flag  View aiminglow's 28 photos  View aiminglow's HomePage
Forest   Virginia
aiminglow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to aiminglow

Possible. I'd maybe take a shot at giving the motion sensors a gentle wipe down. Not sure if anything's on them at all, but it'd only take a minute to do so why not.
Flow: Flowmaster American Thunders.
Stereo: Pioneer DEH 2200ub.
Oh and of course, the lead foot mod
Unread 03-30-2011   #5 (permalink)

DE

The motion-sensors works .

i locked the doors this midday by pushing the close buttons on the door and than closed the doors.. after 30 minutes my mustang cried again..
Unread 03-30-2011   #6 (permalink)
Stangstta is offline Made Member

Stangstta's Country Flag
Boston MetroWest   Massachusetts
Stangstta is on a distinguished road

Do you have a coupe or a convertible?

The perimeter security system functionality is contained in the SJB. It is possible that got wet in the past and you were not aware of that happening. There could possibly be corrosion forming on the contacts of the SJB wire connectors. There are connectors on both the front an rear of the SJB. That is one place to start looking.

Is the perimeter security system arming correctly? Do the turn signal lamps flash once when you arm the system? How many times does the horn beep when you arm it?

The system can be armed with the interior motion detectors and tilt sensor disabled by locking the drivers door with the key, instead of using the remote keyless entry fob. This will tell you if the problem is related to the motion / tilt sensors. If the alarm does not falsely trigger when arming the system in this manner, but does when armed with the fob, your problem is most likely with those sensors.

Also, it is possible that corrosion may have developed in the door switches / door switch connectors. Are the interior lights off with all the doors closed? Do they come on when each door is opened?

The SJB has it's own set of DTCs. These DTC will not necessary cause the check engine light to illuminate. They are retrievable using the dealer scan tool (WDS/PDS/IDS). Did your dealer check for codes in the SJB? Here are some possible related codes:

Smart Junction Box (SJB) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index

DTC Description Source Action
B1519 Hood Switch Circuit Failure SJB GO to Pinpoint Test E .
B1833 Drivers Unlock Disarm Switch Circuit Short to Ground SJB GO to Pinpoint Test A .
B200A VSM Inclination Failure SJB GO to Pinpoint Test G .
B200B VSM Ultrasonic Failure SJB GO to Pinpoint Test G .
B200C VSM Module Failure SJB GO to Pinpoint Test G .
B2569 Liftgate Disarm Switch Circuit Short to Ground SJB GO to Pinpoint Test F .
U2033 VSM Communication Link Failure SJB GO to Pinpoint Test G .
All Other DTCs SJB REFER to Section 419-10 .

-Stangstta
Unread 03-30-2011   #7 (permalink)
Stevie D is offline Rookie

Stevie D's Country Flag
North Huron   Ontario
Stevie D is on a distinguished road

Usually when false alarms are triggered and no codes are received with IDS, I can check the previous eight alarm events in the datalogging section. This narrows down the search greatly. If you dont want to take it to the dealer and are sure SJB is OK, the hood switch is often the culprit...
Unread 03-30-2011   #8 (permalink)

Stangstta's Country Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
Usually when false alarms are triggered and no codes are received with IDS, I can check the previous eight alarm events in the datalogging section. This narrows down the search greatly. If you dont want to take it to the dealer and are sure SJB is OK, the hood switch is often the culprit...
That's a great point. Are you referring to the following PIDs?

AL_EVT1
AL_EVT2
AL_EVT3
AL_EVT4

I only see 4, not 8?

Which one is the most recent, AL_EVT1?

There is also:

D_DR_SW (Closed / Ajar)
HOOD_SW (Closed / Ajar)

No P_DR_SW and TRUNK_SW though?
Unread 03-30-2011   #9 (permalink)

Stangstta's Country Flag

Also, if the hood switch is bad, will the system not arm and sound two beeps of the horn instead of just one?
Unread 03-31-2011   #10 (permalink)

DE

Hello thanks for the answers,

i got an coupe.
All the alarm-system is in the sjb ?
I had checked the sjb completly with an car-electrician. It has never seen water.
Although the plug contacts seems to be okay. We checked them and there are no corission on them.

I thing the alarm system is arming correctly. The only think that makes me thinking is, when i push the close button two times, it chiprs two times, so i think there could be something wrong with the door-switches.
How could i check them? Will there be a DTC which i can read out with an normal diagnostic-system or an SCT X3?

Will all the mentioned DTCs be readable with the SCT X3?

The alarm goes off after some time on each possible way of closing. So i think it could be a damaged door switch.

I am in germany, so no dealer here, wants to check an american car! they are affraid to to something wrong. the weekend after this an ford dealer, 90 miles a way , would look after my mustang, but so long i have to deactivate the alarm, so that i can park it near my house.

Today i will check if i can get some DTCs with the big diagnostic system we have at work, but it is not a special ford diagnostic.

Thanks so far, for your hints.
But nobody knows how to deactivate it shortly or?
Unread 03-31-2011   #11 (permalink)

DE

In Addition:

5 Minutes ago i checked with my SCT X3 if i can read out any DTC, but there seems to be no DTC or the X3 can't read out, the DTC can only read out the DTCs from the motor-ecu and not from the SJB.

That i dont know.
Unread 03-31-2011   #12 (permalink)

Stangstta's Country Flag

The perimeter security functionality is in the SJB.

Did you remove the SJB and check the connectors on the back side of the box? The only way to access them is by removing the SJB. You just need to remove the single nut at the bottom of the SJB.

Your alarm system is not arming correctly if the horn is sounding two chirps. It should only sound one chirp and the turn signals should flash once if it is arming correctly. It sounds like you have a problem with one of the switches or wiring somewhere.

I'd suggest you start with the hood switch as Stevie D suggested. This switch provides continuity to ground when the hood is closed and the switch is depressed. The black wire on the switch should have continuity to ground and the violet with orange stripe wire connects to the SJB. You can check for continuity across the switch terminals when it is depressed and check for continuity to ground on the black wire with a meter. You should also make sure the switch is actually getting depressed when the hood is closed and the switch bracket is not bent down.

You can try shorting the violet with orange stripe wire to ground to see if that stops the problem. You can unfold an uncoated metal paper clip and insert it into the connector pin to test the ground and short the violet with orange stripe wire.

There is also a switch in the truck with is different from the trunk light switch. I believe this is a tilt switch located behind the latch panel.

You will not be able to read SJB DTC codes with the SCT X3. The Ford WDS/IDS/PDS scan tools can definitely read them. I believe the OTC Genisys with the correct options may also be able to read them. Not sure about the Snap On scan tool.

You could try disconnecting the battery when you park the car if the alarm sounding is bothering you or your neighbors until the problem is fixed.

-Stangstta

Unread 03-31-2011   #13 (permalink)

DE

Thats really not so good, that the perimeter security is in the sjb, so i can not disconnect it.

Is there away to deactivate is via ODB?

Yes i know, that there is something wrong, when it chirps two times, but without an ford-diagnostic system i can not approve what is wrong.

Next saturday i will go to an ford-dealer who thing he could read out the SJB DTC, but if you are right and it is an damaged switch at the door or hood ( i think it will be a door switch or perhaps both, because of the water ) it will take a long time to get the switch from the usa to germany. So i have to find a way, to get the ***** alarm-system deactivated!
Do you have any idea?

But i will also try to check the hood switch next monday or perhaps tomorrow when it will not rain again.
I hope i get this managed.

I have an trunk light? i have never noticed this. I will look for the switch in the trunk and also will try to test it.

I think most of the ford dealer in europe have to have an ford diagnostic to check the sjb dtc. Perhaps i will get the dealer next to me, to try if he could get any DTC.

So you are sure that the normal OEM alarm system has no reset/programming button? I read about this mysterious button in several threads, but no one could say where it was located exactly.

Nice greets and thanks again from germany
Unread 03-31-2011   #14 (permalink)

Stangstta's Country Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student4Gold View Post
Is there away to deactivate is via ODB?

Not that I am aware of. Did you ever try locking the vehicle just using the driver's door key lock as I previously suggested?

Quote:
Yes i know, that there is something wrong, when it chirps two times, but without an ford-diagnostic system i can not approve what is wrong.

This is not true. I told you a fairly easy way to diagnose the hood switch. You could easily bypass it by unplugging the connector and inserting a paper clip to short the connector terminals together if the switch is defective.

Quote:
Next saturday i will go to an ford-dealer who thing he could read out the SJB DTC, but if you are right and it is an damaged switch at the door or hood ( i think it will be a door switch or perhaps both, because of the water ) it will take a long time to get the switch from the usa to germany. So i have to find a way, to get the ***** alarm-system deactivated!
Do you have any idea?.

As I stated, you could try locking the car with the driver's door keylock and key and do not use the key fob. You could also disconnect the battery.

Quote:
I have an trunk light? i have never noticed this. I will look for the switch in the trunk and also will try to test it.
Yes, if you never noticed it, then the bulb may be blown out. This is common from slamming the trunk closed. As I stated previously, the switch that controls the trunk light is not the same switch for the security system.

Quote:
I think most of the ford dealer in europe have to have an ford diagnostic to check the sjb dtc. Perhaps i will get the dealer next to me, to try if he could get any DTC.

If they have the Ford IDS, or even the WDS scan tools, they can access the codes and diagnose the system.

Quote:
So you are sure that the normal OEM alarm system has no reset/programming button? I read about this mysterious button in several threads, but no one could say where it was located exactly.

I have read similar threads about this secret switch, but I am not aware of any. There is no mention of such a switch in the Ford Factory Service Manual or on the Ford Factory wiring diagrams either. The only mention of an Inhibit Switch is the one on the driver's door key lock.

-Stangstta

Unread 03-31-2011   #15 (permalink)
Beboswell is offline Rookie

4.6L Member

Beboswell's Country Flag  View Beboswell's 11 photos
Broken Arrow   Oklahoma
Beboswell is on a distinguished road

Yep, just don't lock it using the key fob or the door switch and the alarm's not on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164