Originally Posted by T.Wayne
That's what I was wondering about was the DS. What do you think no problems or vibration. Does it Rev quicker and pretty smooth?
I have DR Cams and JLT2 3.37 gears and Steeda CMDP's.
Ehaust O/R H Pipe and Mac Chambered. The DS and UCA are my next step and still savingup for the Brenspeed Paxton NON Intercooled Package. I know I have been talking this but as soon as I came home from Iraq 5000 bones for Home HVAC and work on my 1ton truck. I'm happy for you and your numbers
Revs easily, decelerates easy and makes driving 4.10s easier. No vibration what so ever. Not even a little.
Originally Posted by 2010gt1
Very nice numbers sir. the detroit rockers are a very nice cams too I would have gone with them if I haven't had got a deal on the Ford hot rod cams. I 'm curious on what numbers I could get with those pulleys.
also just noticed you stopped around 6300 rpms. why? it looks like you were still pulling. raise the rev limit to 6800-7000 and see where you stop making power.
I know!! I had it set to 6800 and shifting at 6600 before all these mods. The cams didn't make power up but they were holding well. I ask Chris Tillman this but I wasn't there for the pulls.. I argued that point to Chris Tillman but it was too late to dump money on a second run. Which leads me into my track update.
**** times! The car ran SLOWER. Here are my only guesses.
My limiter was originally set to 6800 but I would shift at 6600. When I got the car dyno tuned, the limiter was 6500 for some reason. My guy told me it was set that way since the cams stop BUILDING power at that point. Which is true BUT they had not dipped yet. They have shown in other dynos I have searched that they hold steady until about 7k. I do not have the valve train for 7k so 6800 is the highest I can go safely.
Since cams make power up top vs down low, the limiter being lower is killing my shift point for the land point. I ran 13.087 @ 107.80 with a 1.852 60'. The new 60 is a personal best despite everything else so I was excited for a great run but I banged the limiter in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. By it pulling harder, coupled with a lower limiter, my shifttiming was horribly off.
I reflashed it with the same tune, only change being the limiter from 6500 to 6800. Ran again. With a 1.9 60' I got a 13.026 at 109.00 MPH. This is not right, good launch, no banging the limiter. Throttle response was also a huge issue since the cams.
My explanation is simply on the dyno the car obviously is accelerated slowly but at the track it may be pulling timing, or simply, the peak HP is a nice number but the tune itself may have an issue.
So after 4 shitty ass runs I go home. I know the heat played a factor but with a composite manifold, it isn't as huge an issue. I should have still trapped 110.5 to 111.5 in the 82 degree 78% humidity.
I go home frustrated and go load an email tune I got before I installed the parts from my original tuning solution. All my old runs were on email tunes. The dyno tune should only been better BUT that was not the case.
After loading the bama email tune and the limiter being at 6800, I go for a test drive.
WOW!! ANYONE could tell how much better it ran. The car raped in all 3 first gears on the email tune vs the dyno tune, which again, obviously should have been better. I was breaking the tires loose on the street in 2nd by just punching it around 35 MPH. Something I could not do on the dyno tune.
So, now I am going back next Tuesday to try the new tune, then I will bring the tuner in case there is need to revert or compare tunes.
I am happy I seem to have resolved the issue, but sad that the extra money spent on a dyno tune did not yield positive results.
Tires were not an issue at the track having nailed a 1.852 60' despite the new goodies launching at 4500 RPM