Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ultimate Mustang Build? 07 GT

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sqidd 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Just got my 07 GT Mustang. Engine was broken in by a friend of mine its at around 51,000 now. It already have mac cat backs, x pipe and high flow cats (replacing cats with shortie headers) also installing 3.73 gears.. Im looking to build up my engine so its ready for a blower supercharger by next summer. I was wonder what should i do to fully pre pair myself for this transition. Right now these are the products I'm looking into:
Tire/Rims: STAGGERED 2013 GT500 STYLE GLOSS BLACK WHEEL & MICKEY THOMPSON TIRE KIT - 18X9/10
Suspension: EIBACH PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS
Headers: JBA CAT4WARD SHORTY HEADERS or BBK CERAMIC TUNED LENGTH SHORTY HEADERS
Supercharger: Undecided between Procharger, Whipple and Department of boost.

This will be my daily driver. My friends daily drive between 400-500 so if i could land somewhere in that range i would be more then happy:grin:

#2 ·
If you will be happy with about 425-450 RWHP then you are all set, don't really "need" the headers because you can get there without them. Personally I would not bother with short tube headers regardless; go long tubes or stay home.

Tires and suspension are good ideas, though not actually "required" for the supercharger. There are lots of threads on both subjects so try some searches.

Since you are planning ahead, the DOB set-up could work out real well for you . . . . get the parts list now and start accumulating the parts, take your time and find good deals on them. But be aware there could be a "shortage" of the manifolds; contact user sqidd on here for the latest info.

#3 ·
Upgrade the tires, brakes, and suspension before adding a supercharger. With more power, you'll need better traction & braking so start laying down the foundations..
If you're going to further upgrade the exhaust, do long tube headers. Otherwise don't bother. Shorties are just as big a PITA to install as long tubes for much less gain.
It would also be a good idea to delete the CMCVs so there'll be no intake manifold restrictions preventing the supercharger from doing its work.
If you're not planning to rebuild the engine with forged pistons/rods, limit yourself to ~450rwhp and get a good tune.

#4 ·
#7 ·
The stock TTY head bolts are good up to 17-18psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.