Ford Mustang Forum banner

Rear squeaking after shocks and springs installed

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kirbster 
#1 ·
I recently had Ford Racing P springs, Koni oranges and a BMR panhard bar installed. Now I'm getting a squeakiness noise from the rear end after the car is driven for a little while. Anyone else have this happen? It is like a little squeak when I'm driving at slow speeds. After I park it, I can shake the rear of the car from the trunk, moving it up and down and I can hear the squeak coming from both sides. Sounds like somebody is getting busy on an old mattress!

#2 ·
It's probably the shocks. Koni had some reports of squeaking from their last production run of these and they are doing some testing now to determine the cause. Funny thing is it's one of their best selling shocks and they never had an issue until just recently and the design/manufacturing hasn't changed. It could also be the panhard bar too though. If it has poly bushings and they aren't lubed properly after a while they make a hell of a racket.

#3 ·
That was the first thing I though it might be. A quick google search shows recent post on different boards about Konis squeaking. But from what I've read it is just the struts not the shocks. I will check out the panhard bar as I did get that used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.