Ford Mustang Forum banner

PID/gauges values

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jpplaw 
#1 ·
Don't know if there has been thread about this but I'm curious about what the numbers should be on different kinds of gauges/PID's.

What are normal values for like
Air Intake Temp
Engine Coolant temp

between what is it called "normal" and when is it getting hot or what's becoming dangerous.

I've been riding with my SCT on those PID's and have no idea what it should read.
My AIT goes from 60 (at startup and it was rather cold) to 108 with normal cruising.

Is there somekind of rule that goes around saying it should be this of that compared to the outside airtemp?

The ECT has been to a max of 238 but was mostly somewhere between 200-210.

I'm running a Brenspeed B326 stage 3 with E-force S/C

What are the other intresting things to keep an eye on?

A/F, Boost gauge and oil pressure are on their way.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your AIT's look great....rule of thumb is don't get on it if its up around 120. AIT is very RPM dependent. Your ECT could be cooler, are you running the Reisch T-stat? Mine runs 194 max, and that's pushing it during the heat of summer.

Transmission temp is a good one to watch too

#4 ·
For a stock 4.6 3V

Attachments

#5 ·
Maybe important to says that I run an AFCO HE with dual fans for the intercooler.

For the engine I've got a bigger radiator, a fluidinge tripple row, and a FRPP high flow fan. There should be a 170° thermostat installed.
So thats why I also thought my ECT would be lower.

Attachments

#6 ·
Adjust the fan settings in the tune....I run 188 kick on for the low speed, and 194 for the high speed. That should bring the ECT down a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.