Ford Mustang Forum banner

fluids

582 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  patriotu 
#1 ·
Hello, i just bought a 2008 gt with 25000 miles on it, manual.
i want to change fluids and filters. I checked the manual and , here where i live in europe i dont have the brands..
I checked on Castrol and they recomand for my car Castrol GTX 5W-30, but in the car s manual says 5w-20. So...
can you please give some equivalents for oils and filters so i can find it here also ?
Thank you much !!!
dan

#2 ·
Any synthetic 5W-20 should be fine. If you can't find 5W-20, then 5W-30 is OK too.

For the filter, I would think that whatever filters you can buy over there, would have a cross-reference chart to tell you which one is right for your car. If possible, use the Motorcraft (Ford) 820 filter.

#3 ·
I used whatever name brand synthetic 5W20 I can get - Pennzoil, Castrol, Quaker State, Mobil 1 etc.. I'm sure with all the BMW's and Mercedes over there you should be able to find a decent brand and the correct viscosity. And as far as filters - anything but Fram! They're junk. I normally get Wix 51372, Napa Gold or Ford. Mopar also has an OFE00336 which fits and is also decent if you don't mind putting Mopar stuff on your Ford lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.