Ford Mustang Forum banner

radio issue

627 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lilrobo55 
#1 ·
just bought a 05 gt vert , the nice radio , anyway driving home it sounded great look down it was a cd , took it out no fm sound the am works fine, the fm stops on channel but still no sound , is there anything i can do to fix this ?

thanks

#2 ·
The AM and FM tuners in a car radio are totally different. The FM tuner is usually something kinda like a small metal can, and there is nothing to say it can't be damaged by a short or even an EMP during a thunderstorm. If the FM tuner is out tho its almost easier to just go grab a new 100$ one from walmart

sorry bro!

#3 ·
i will look for a oem one i love the sound it has , i never had any luck getting a aftermarket one sounding good , looks like ebay has them , i am going to pull it and see if its plugged in , i was told that if its out it wont make a sound , is that true ?
thanks

#4 ·
before you buy a new one, check and make sure that your antenna connections are connected at both the antenna outside and the back of the radio. mine did that too, and I thought it was scanning and stopping on channels, but no sound, but I figured it out it was stopping on the pre-programmed stations. My antenna coax had become loose behind the radio and after I tightened it up, it has worked like a charm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.