Ford Mustang Forum banner

Trucks or Hondas and the like which are more annoying these days...

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Nelsoncp21 
#1 ·
I know in NC especially where I live it seems trucks are now in the past couple years more annoying then Honda's and the like. They try to rev up, do fly by's, and of course the diesels try to smoke you out. I don't understand if you wanted to be fast why did they buy a truck and not a sportscar? I have more trucks try to race or act all dumb than I do Honda's and the like these days. When you ignore them it seems to piss them off more... Like really go somewhere... ha

Anybody else notice this the same way?

****Maybe this should be moved to the off topic lounge. I forgot about that section until after I had already posted.****

#15 ·
It's gotta be the trucks in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shot !! What a Hoot !! That explains a lot !! Had my fill of diesel smoke too -- lots of wanna bees out here in AZ too. Hot rodding these things makes no sense to me at all. But it must for someone, as there are hot rod mags catering to these dude...go figure.

#3 ·
Hondas have been out of the scene for years now.

I live in hillbilly country so everyone has a truck with glasspacks or no mufflers. Lots of them put on the tiny little pipes so it's super raspy and sounds like absolute ****. The goal generally seems to be to make it as loud as possible. I don't get it, I like the sound of a V8, but not done like that.

Half the ones that are like that are driven by old fogies that go 10 under the speed limit.

#4 ·
Hondas have been out of the scene for years now.

I guess that shows how long I have been out of the scene and what I know... haha

So what is in scene now?

When I was in the scene many years ago it was always the imports that tried to race and do fly bys and were annoying. Now it is the trucks for w/e reason that do this...

#6 ·
Trucks, VWs and Subarus around here. A few Dodges and an occasional Camaro. Lots of Mustangs, especially the 99-04s. Camaros are the worst - you beat one and they want to keep trying. The Dodge guys are cool, you beat them and they nod at you. I tried not to race this guy in a VW and he thought he was just barely winning, so I stepped on the gas for 2 seconds just to let him know I wasn't trying to race him.

#7 ·
Trucks, and I'm going to throw mid-size and larger SUVs into the truck category.

What's most annoying in my experience is that a significant number of their drivers use the physical bulk of their vehicles for intimidation.

Norm

#9 ·

These idiots, and a lot more, show up at all the Hot Rod shows in OC every year. This video is a couple of years ago when the streets and sidewalks we're getting outta hand. The locals and authorities got fed up and it's been a lot more subdued the last couple shows.
I see lots of tickets handed out lately mostly to trucks and kids that come here with mom and dads DD and want to mess with the classics and muscle cars.

#10 ·
AH the douchebags with the lifted diesel trucks with the big C in the back window, the asses with their exhaust sticking out of the bed like they need to hook up to a trailer soon. they are the same asses that are checking their facebook page while driving in the left lane slowing everyone down cuz they have a jacked up diesel **** wagon. paying 900$ a month and putting 3$ diesel in these trucks just to say they can, GO F#&K YOURSELF, and move over to the lane with the soccer moms on their phones, yall run each other into the wall,

#13 ·
I had an idiot in a minivan try to beat me to a turn lane, then when he tried to share the lane with me hit me and ran. Cops got him too. :grin:

#14 ·
OMG definitely trucks! Around my area at the local mexico, it's all about fixing up these Full size single cab pickups to race and it's so freaking annoying. They'll call them "street trucks"... now, some are pretty fast, and a few are faster than me and almost as fast as a ls3 Vette in the 1/8 mile.... But that's after they use a 175 shot, full drag wheel setup, and a stripped interior. Now they do have other supporting mods besides nitrous, but If you catch them at a light an run them, you would destroy them.

There's also the typical pickup driver saying 'I got a v8 too, I can race you" then they go revving their motor up and stuff on you... I have yet to be bothered by a Honda.

#16 ·
I debated about responding here as I'm almost scared to start into a rant but y'all hit a topic that well let's say I'm passionate about ?. I live in northern Virginia around the DC metro area and this place is a mixing bowl. We get a wide range of all type of drivers implanted from all over. This is a big reason why I decided to give up my truck and buy some more muscle. There are plenty of tools on the road here but by far it's the Audi drivers. They think they are untouchable and above everyone else. The kind that will drive up on your bumper and when you get over to let them by they go past and then slow down. Or the kind that drive 10 mph slower when alongside another vehicle and as soon as they pass them they speed up so you can't go around. These are the tools I wanted this car for. I love that I can punch it and in a blink I zipped from behind them to in front of them. It gives me pure satisfaction!

As for people wanting to race I thought I would encounter more but honestly I had one instance with a guy in a Lexus. Smoked him without even using the paddle shifters or turning off traction control. Not that I'm going around looking for people to race or anything though. I just want to be able to punch it around the tools driving Audi's on the highway since I can't strap a bazooka to my hood and blow them up ?.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.