2006 Mustang, crazy HP possible lying owner? Worth it or not? - Ford Mustang Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

2006 Mustang, crazy HP possible lying owner? Worth it or not?

I have mainly been looking for a Shelby GT500 to buy as a daily driver, but recently I came across a 2006 mustang that peaked my interest due to the mods on it.
I am not sure if the car is worth the 20k he is asking for it, and I am suspicious of all the claims. I am not sure if I would rather have it or a Shelby GT500 I have been looking for (2013/14, unless another catches my eye).
I especially do not really believe the dyno claims.

It is a 2006 Mustang
GT trim level
45k miles

Claimed dyno specs-
870 WHP
1100 BHP
735 lb-ft Torque

Mods, done by Roush-
V8 5.0L Coyote w/Saleen Series VI SC
Dual 80mm Roush Throttle Body
120mm Lighting Mass Air Intake
Roush Short Throw 5-spd Transmission
GT500 fuel injectors, he said 39 lb/hr, 45 lb/hr, and 85 lb/hr so I have no clue which it actually is, most recent ad is 85 so I am assuming he swapped them.
Bassani long-tube headers
Bassani X-shape crossover, high-flow cats, and Bassani after-cat with race mufflers

I am supposed to go test drive it this next weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
Apprentice

I call BS.
to get and hold that power needs more than new injectors. fuel pump, heat management, upgraded driveline etc, etc,

i don't even know what all it needs, but im sure its more than a list of 7 items that you posted.

Beechkid likes this.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenorm View Post
I call BS.
to get and hold that power needs more than new injectors. fuel pump, heat management, upgraded driveline etc, etc,
Yeah, I think it is too
Here is a link to a older post when he tried selling it in 2015.

BangShift.com $75k Buys You The Fastest 2006 Mustang In The World: And It's Street Legal. - BangShift.com

Ill be taking my 4k camera and going over the car, test driving it, and taking photos of everything so I can check parts.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach290 View Post
Yeah, I think it is too
Here is a link to a older post when he tried selling it in 2015.

BangShift.com $75k Buys You The Fastest 2006 Mustang In The World: And It's Street Legal. - BangShift.com

Ill be taking my 4k camera a going over the car, test driving it, and taking photos of everything so I can check parts.
well that add has a lot more mods listed. with the titanium valve and connecting rod parts they must rev it high.
Anyways, I don't have the experience to comment further.

Roush Built – 302 Ford Saleen Supercharged Coyote Ford engine Just gone through
Block – Aluminum 4.6-liter
Bore – 3.55-inch
Stroke – 3.649-inch
Displacement – 302ci
Rods – Titanium Cracked powdered metal with floating wristpins
Pistons – Hypereutectic aluminum
Crankshafts – Roush
Lifter – Jesel Solid Body Hydraulic Rollers SOHC, three Ferrear titanium valves per cylinder, variable camshaft timing
Intake – Composite shell-welded single-runner, charge motion control valves
Throttle Body – Dual 80mm GT500
Mass Air – 90mm Lightning
Power Adder -Custom Saleen Series VI twin-screw supercharger
Fuel System – 2-GT500 fuel pumps, 39-lb/hr injectors
Headers – Bassani long-tube stainless steel headers
Exhaust – Bassani X-shape crossover w/high-flow cats, and Bassani after-cat with race mufflers
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
GT Member

....871.48 rwhp on 39lb injectors.....?

Considering 47s turd out shy of 600.... I smell bull
Beechkid likes this.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JLT Series 3 CAI, Steeda UDPs, Off-Road H pipe, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Brenspeed SCT X4. 255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Piecing together DOB:
2011 GT500 M122, TB, HE, & CAI | Bosch IWP | DW 340lph pump | FRPP 55lb | AEM wideband
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
GT Member

In my opinion, it sounds like the guy has more money than sense and is clueless on the car. I'd walk away from it. For 20k, you could buy a similar mileage 2005-2009 GT, have the motor built, and slap on a DOB for a car that'd eat this one's lunch if the mods listed are right (39lb injectors means it's half of advertised power), plus you'd have a fresh build you'd know every mod on and exactly how it's been run.
Beechkid likes this.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JLT Series 3 CAI, Steeda UDPs, Off-Road H pipe, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Brenspeed SCT X4. 255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Piecing together DOB:
2011 GT500 M122, TB, HE, & CAI | Bosch IWP | DW 340lph pump | FRPP 55lb | AEM wideband
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
PONY Member

2007-12 GT500 injectors are 47 lb/hr, but even then they will not support 870 wheel. And even if they could, that is beyond the limits of 93 octane. Just on the fuel side of things, a Mustang on that level will need a return style fuel system conversion, 1000cc injectors or larger, and larger fuel rails running on E85 or race fuel. This car is probably making more like 570 wheel and for the amount of work done with the Roush built engine, roll cage, etc, it's probably worth the asking price, IF the seller can provide receipts/proof for everything. You are looking at a minimum of $20k in parts and labor if everything he is listing is in the car.
Beechkid likes this.

2007 Mustang GT/CS coupe
Procharged--cammed--Kurgan tuned--coilover suspension
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yeah the numbers do sound crazy, but it could still be a good deal for $20K if it has anywhere near what is listed. Then again it could be an unmanageable Frankenstein monster. If you have the time and money to deal with the issues that might come up, it could be pretty cool.

Sometimes having more money than brains can be good for the guy who buys the discarded toys cheap

But I would be very leary; can you take someone with you to look at it who really knows what they are looking at? No offense, maybe you know what you are looking at, but I know that I do not.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017
GT Member

Garage
Some of this doesn't make sense.
Roush Built – 302 Ford Saleen Supercharged Coyote Ford engine Just gone through - Roush Performance doesn't use Saleen products, they use their own
Block – Aluminum 4.6-liter - is the engine a 4.6 or 5.0 Coyote? 4.6, even with forged internals, has limits way below listed HP and TQ
Bore – 3.55-inch
Stroke – 3.649-inch
Displacement – 302ci - this equates to a 5.0 not a 4.6
Crankshafts – Roush - not sure Roush Performance makes crankshafts
Lifter – Jesel Solid Body Hydraulic Rollers SOHC, three Ferrear titanium valves per cylinder, variable camshaft timing
Power Adder -Custom Saleen Series VI twin-screw supercharger - again, Roush Performance makes their own TVS2300 SC's
Exhaust – Bassani X-shape crossover w/high-flow cats, and Bassani after-cat with race mufflers

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee910 View Post
....871.48 rwhp on 39lb injectors.....?

Considering 47s turd out shy of 600.... I smell bull
Same. Although he claimed to me it has 85's in it. Not sure why listings are different.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee910 View Post
In my opinion, it sounds like the guy has more money than sense and is clueless on the car. I'd walk away from it. For 20k, you could buy a similar mileage 2005-2009 GT, have the motor built, and slap on a DOB for a car that'd eat this one's lunch if the mods listed are right (39lb injectors means it's half of advertised power), plus you'd have a fresh build you'd know every mod on and exactly how it's been run.
True, although at that point id just settle for a 13/14 gt500 like I was planning anyways.
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40th GT View Post
2007-12 GT500 injectors are 47 lb/hr, but even then they will not support 870 wheel. And even if they could, that is beyond the limits of 93 octane. Just on the fuel side of things, a Mustang on that level will need a return style fuel system conversion, 1000cc injectors or larger, and larger fuel rails running on E85 or race fuel. This car is probably making more like 570 wheel and for the amount of work done with the Roush built engine, roll cage, etc, it's probably worth the asking price, IF the seller can provide receipts/proof for everything. You are looking at a minimum of $20k in parts and labor if everything he is listing is in the car.
Yeah, exactly. I doubt the sellers claims and was thinking it's be around 600hp tops.
Ill have to ask him about the fuel system and what is run in it.

He does claim it actually has 89 lb/hr injectors in it
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Yeah the numbers do sound crazy, but it could still be a good deal for $20K if it has anywhere near what is listed. Then again it could be an unmanageable Frankenstein monster. If you have the time and money to deal with the issues that might come up, it could be pretty cool.

Sometimes having more money than brains can be good for the guy who buys the discarded toys cheap

But I would be very leary; can you take someone with you to look at it who really knows what they are looking at? No offense, maybe you know what you are looking at, but I know that I do not.
Yeah, true. Which is why im leary of it.

Im taking a friend of mine who knows that series mustang better than me to look at it.
(I mainly only know 2010+ Shelby stuff)
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapp View Post
Some of this doesn't make sense.
Roush Built – 302 Ford Saleen Supercharged Coyote Ford engine Just gone through - Roush Performance doesn't use Saleen products, they use their own
Block – Aluminum 4.6-liter - is the engine a 4.6 or 5.0 Coyote? 4.6, even with forged internals, has limits way below listed HP and TQ
Bore – 3.55-inch
Stroke – 3.649-inch
Displacement – 302ci - this equates to a 5.0 not a 4.6
Crankshafts – Roush - not sure Roush Performance makes crankshafts
Power Adder -Custom Saleen Series VI twin-screw supercharger - again, Roush Performance makes their own TVS2300 SC's
He claims it was a custom thing he had done, and that's why there is a Saleen.
Says it is a 5.0 not 4.6, but I dont know why he listed it in that ad as that. Suspicious.

I will thoroughly talk to him, look at records/receipts/etc and photograph the vehicle to see what is really going on with this car Saturday.
PONY Member

Hows the Duck thing go, If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a Duck. Question is what kind of a Duck.

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page