Difference between V6 & V8 Stang - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
HUNTER X's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Riyadh
Posts: 138
 
Difference between V6 & V8 Stang

Why some people prefer to purchase V6 Mustang than V8?

You will not keep your car stock for long time and in the future you will search for the performance modifications I mean the cost will be more if you plan to upgrade your V6 than purchase a V8 Stang.

Regards,

SAUDI ARABIA, Riyadh City
2006 V8 MUSTANG GT / 330HP.
HUNTER X
HUNTER X is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Made Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
mustang-661's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Valencia
Posts: 431
 
well really you can get a x charger for less then a gt and have more hp and be faster and better mpg


not say i like the v6 over the v8

i just like mustang

and dont see why guys like you always start this v6 vs v8 ( did you get your ego down to day, and need to feel more of a man )

we all have mustangs, and love them, and love to talk about them.


thats what this site is about, get over it, and be happy we dont have rice

mustang v6, s&b intake, with painted cover flowmaster, 16x7 in front 17x9 in back,with 2 inch drop in the front, costume paint on rims, black grill, with gt fog lights with angel lights, and running mustang, smoked headlights, with headlight splitters, smoked out turning lights, racing stripes, blackout trunk kit, all new audio system, 4 jl audio 5x7 speakers front and back 2 jl 12 inch w6v2 with 2 jl 500/1 amps and pa system 1967 mustang working on
-----------
one act of kindness at a time
mustang-661 is offline  
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Made Member
5.0L Member
 
dakine858's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,756
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER X View Post
Why some people prefer to purchase V6 Mustang than V8?

You will not keep your car stock for long time and in the future you will search for the performance modifications I mean the cost will be more if you plan to upgrade your V6 than purchase a V8 Stang.

Regards,
I can't tell if this is a serious post or if you're being sarcastic. I'm going to just hope it was meant to be sarcastic and comical, otherwise it would be one of the most naive things I've heard regarding the automotive market. MOST people that purchase automobiles DO NOT modify or "upgrade" it. People buy the V6 model for better gas mileage, because they have no need for a more powerful engine etc., while still having the look and feel of a traditional muscle car. If you think that everyone who buys a Mustang, Camaro etc., does so with the intention of building a powerful street machine then you really need to further your education. Different engine sizes exist so people have options for Christ sake. Parents with a 16 year old kid might opt for the V6 because their child is not mature and experienced enough to drive a more powerful car. The more I think about your question and your comment that followed it, the more frustrated I'm getting by the sheer stupidity and lack of any sort of logical thinking on your behalf. I'm sorry if you're taking offense to this but before posting something next time, make sure you know what you're talking about.

1984 Mustang 331 stroker
1990 Mustang 5.0L convertible
dakine858 is offline  
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member
 
sqidd's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: South Eastern
Posts: 9,008
           
Does anyone know the weight difference between the V-6 Stang and the GT?

Can you still order V-6's without:
a/c
power windows
power locks
power seats
automatic trunk release
pretty much everything short of the bbody and drivetrain?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/Elevindy Billion HP!

2012 GT Vert Brembo, mostly stock

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 374rwhp/518rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2015 GT Performance Pack......Blown
sqidd is offline  
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Made Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
mustang-661's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Valencia
Posts: 431
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine858 View Post
I can't tell if this is a serious post or if you're being sarcastic. I'm going to just hope it was meant to be sarcastic and comical, otherwise it would be one of the most naive things I've heard regarding the automotive market. MOST people that purchase automobiles DO NOT modify or "upgrade" it. People buy the V6 model for better gas mileage, because they have no need for a more powerful engine etc., while still having the look and feel of a traditional muscle car. If you think that everyone who buys a Mustang, Camaro etc., does so with the intention of building a powerful street machine then you really need to further your education. Different engine sizes exist so people have options for Christ sake. Parents with a 16 year old kid might opt for the V6 because their child is not mature and experienced enough to drive a more powerful car. The more I think about your question and your comment that followed it, the more frustrated I'm getting by the sheer stupidity and lack of any sort of logical thinking on your behalf. I'm sorry if you're taking offense to this but before posting something next time, make sure you know what you're talking about.
thank you and lets not let this start a v6 v8 war lol

come on we all have mustang v6 v8

mustang v6, s&b intake, with painted cover flowmaster, 16x7 in front 17x9 in back,with 2 inch drop in the front, costume paint on rims, black grill, with gt fog lights with angel lights, and running mustang, smoked headlights, with headlight splitters, smoked out turning lights, racing stripes, blackout trunk kit, all new audio system, 4 jl audio 5x7 speakers front and back 2 jl 12 inch w6v2 with 2 jl 500/1 amps and pa system 1967 mustang working on
-----------
one act of kindness at a time
mustang-661 is offline  
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Made Member
5.0L Member
 
dakine858's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,756
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang-661 View Post
thank you and lets not let this start a v6 v8 war lol

come on we all have mustang v6 v8
Uh, I'm not starting a war between the V6 and V8 Mustangs, I've owned both. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous the question was because less than 8% of the entire population of drivers add performance mods to their cars. I was starting a war against ignorant, brainless and fact-less arguments.

1984 Mustang 331 stroker
1990 Mustang 5.0L convertible
dakine858 is offline  
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
Made Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
BullMeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Western
Posts: 889
 
For those that own V8's and belittle the V6's...the 4.6L V8 isn't all that big either. Ford was putting 300ci/4.9L inline 6's in their trucks for a long time that are bigger displacement wise. My '90 Bronco has a 5.8L/351 in it (I'm the oil company's b*t*h when it comes to feeding it-OPEC likes me) so when I see threads start up debating the merits of 4.0L V6 vs 4.6L V8, I just grin.

A Mustang is a Mustang regardless of engine displacement and we don't need another 'mine is bigger than your's' thread.
BullMeister is offline  
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
HUNTER X's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Riyadh
Posts: 138
 
I am sorry about my question I really didn't understand before that this matter was very sensitive.

Sorrier I feel for some member in this forum how doesn't understand and respect other peoples opinions.

If any one didn't like this subject or any other subject made by any member simply be quite or say something good.

NO NEED TO USE BAD LANGUAGE.

I respect every one’s opinion and desire to share information through this respective forum.

TO: dakine858

Please watch your language next time.

SAUDI ARABIA, Riyadh City
2006 V8 MUSTANG GT / 330HP.
HUNTER X
HUNTER X is offline  
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
venom800tt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,231
 
Sometimes its good to think about the stuuf you want to say than just say it and wait for some response.
Mustang is a Mustang no matter what size of engine, cylinder or appearance it has, they all been designed by Ford and carried the wild horse logo since 1964 to present. So they got all the same blood, one is weaker and one is stronger, its like people, some are weak and some are strong but everyone lives in a same country so they all should be respected the same. We may not mind if you say why people like Mustang over Japanese cars, but Mustang vs Mustang would not work out well. I dont blame people to get frustrated but also its good to respect each other Cheers
venom800tt is offline  
Top Dog
 
pcfrisch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Southeastern
Posts: 14,558
 
Hunter X, why did you get an automatic when manuals rule?

Ha, Just kidding

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
pcfrisch is offline  
Made Member
 
Troon2004's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,809
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Hunter X, why did you get an automatic when manuals rule?

Ha, Just kidding
I'm with you on that Petey.

But what I REALLY don't understand is this: why do perfectly reasonable people refuse or fail to get


SPLASH GUARDS ?


You know you want 'em; you know you'll get 'em. So give it up already.
Troon2004 is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
xxxxxxxxVintageV8's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 785
 
"To each his own".

One reason "Ben and Jerry's" is successful is they make many flavors of ice cream and than, people sometimes go ahead and put their own favorite topping on it.
xxxxxxxxVintageV8 is offline  
Made Member
 
Troon2004's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,809
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8 View Post
"To each his own".

One reason "Ben and Jerry's" is successful is they make many flavors of ice cream and than, people sometimes go ahead and put their own favorite topping on it.
I actually met both Ben and Jerry on a street corner in the SF Financial District years ago: they were giving away samples of their ice cream. As I recall, they had both a V8 and a V6 flavor - both good - but no SPLASHGUARD flavor.
Troon2004 is offline  
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
HUNTER X's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Riyadh
Posts: 138
 
What I would like to explain is that I didn't mean to insult any one or any mustang.

Please understand that I am not living in USA I am living in Saudi Arabia

So I might misunderstand some how about this car.


-(MUSTANG every thing else is just a car)-

SAUDI ARABIA, Riyadh City
2006 V8 MUSTANG GT / 330HP.
HUNTER X
HUNTER X is offline  
Top Dog
 
pcfrisch's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Southeastern
Posts: 14,558
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troon2004 View Post
I actually met both Ben and Jerry on a street corner in the SF Financial District years ago: they were giving away samples of their ice cream. As I recall, they had both a V8 and a V6 flavor - both good - but no SPLASHGUARD flavor.
Splashguard flavor? that would be a combination of plastic and road grit flavors with a hint of tire rubber. Num Num.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
pcfrisch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Random Question

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183