Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005-2014 Mustangs > 2005-2010 Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2005-2010 Mustang Talk Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 01-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
coppamilano is offline Rookie

coppamilano's Country Flag
South Florida   Florida
coppamilano is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 Mustang Foose question

Hello All! I am new to the site and a proud owner of a 2007 Mustang Coupe. I recently found a 2006 Mustang Foose Convertible for sale and fell in love. Before I buy, is there anything I should know about these cars? All I know is what a regular GT Convertible sells for. How much more is a FOOSE design worth?? Also, is it possible it is a "knock off" Foose? Is there a way I can tell? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do NOT want to make a mistake and overpay for something that isn't worth a lot more. Lastly, is there any specs to be found on the 2006 Foose convertible? What makes it special other than the wheels, stripes, etc.? How many did they make? Thank you SO MUCH for any help you can provide!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
stlwagon is offline MODERATOR

Classic Member
S197 Member

stlwagon's Country Flag  View stlwagon's 60 photos  View stlwagon's 2 classified ads
Southern   Maryland
stlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon

MyLocalDJ has had a couple of them. I'm sure he'll chime in with the specifics. Welcome to AFM!
Unread 01-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
MyLocalDJ is offline Made Member

4.6L Member
S197 Member

MyLocalDJ's Country Flag  View MyLocalDJ's 31 photos  View MyLocalDJ's HomePage
Kennesaw (Atlanta)   Georgia
MyLocalDJ is on a distinguished road

Hello again Coppamilano... for the Foose, from the information that has been supplied to me - there were 55 Foose Stallions built in 2006 and 221 for 2007. Any that claim to be 2008 models supposedly are not recognized by Foose Design because they are post severance of the license agreement between Foose Design and Unique Performance (if there are any).

For all Foose Stallions, you should have a Foose Design nameplate under the hood on the passenger side strut tower that has a unique Foose ID (Build) number and the VIN number of your car. There should also be a Foose Design owner's manual binder that has a metal nameplate on the cover that matches the serial number of the car and the Foose Design Build number. You can also go to my personal website (myfoose.com) www.myfoose.com and see some of the other Foose cars and a little info about them. My site is not a commercial site, it is my personal website for the Foose mustang owners.

With respect to what you get for the Foose name, you basically get the FRPP tuned racing suspension, FRPP tuned exhaust, upgraded Foose interior which includes the Foose gauge overlay, signed dash, Foose logo in the front seat, Foose logo front floor mats, Foose sill plates, Foose wheels, upgraded 14" brakes on the front, I think 13" rear, coupe has a louvre on the quarter panel windows, and some have the FRPP CAI and tune. I know a very few had a supercharger. Plus obviously the body kit, hood, and special Dupont Hot Hues paint.

Some would say the Foose is overpriced for what you get, but honestly, I like the fact that there are so few of them and I was willing to pay the price. I have bought two this past year and am glad I did in both cases.

The downside? These cars are unique and sometimes when you need to buy a replacement part or want an aftermarket dress up part, the parts do not fit the Foose. This is a minimal issue but I have run into it with the headlight bulbs and with trying to purchase custom radiator support covers since the front end is slightly different. The drivetrain is factory from everything that I can tell so there should not be any issues there. I have also found a source for most all of the parts if you need something.

What I can also tell you is that when my first 2007 Foose bit the dust, the insurance company had a very difficult time trying to evaluate the price since there are so few of these cars. If you buy one of these, do not just insure the car as a GT, make sure you provide them with copies of all of the paperwork and window stickers if possible at the time you insure the car. That worked for me and proved to save a lot of headaches.

The below was posted on another forum and may help give you an idea on value at least from one dealer's perspective.
"Have a new 2007 Foose Stallion conv . Red/Black 50/50 paint with crimson interior and anthracite 20" Foose premium alloys. Original MSRP: $55,641, will sell for $39,950 +fees and transport. Car is absolutely stunning , a real looker with the unmistakeable Foose seamless design.
Albany Ford Subaru
510 528 1244
John Nakamura"

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions. If you need anything else, drop me a note back and I will try my best to answer.
FRPP Polished Whipple SC - 8lb boost, FRPP Hot Rod Cams (M-6550-3V), FRPP Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, FRPP Tuned Racing Suspension, MagnaFlow Magnapack Catback, Steeda TriAx, Nexus Series - AFM, Vac/Boost, Fuel Pressure, Speed of Sound Dash Pod, Raptor Blue LED Shift Light. 425 RWHP 387 TQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 01-29-2009   #4 (permalink)

4.6L Member
S197 Member

By the way, if you go to my website on the "Links" page, I have the Foose Design Product Brochure posted. I tried to upload it here but the file size was too large. :: My Homepage ::
FRPP Polished Whipple SC - 8lb boost, FRPP Hot Rod Cams (M-6550-3V), FRPP Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, FRPP Tuned Racing Suspension, MagnaFlow Magnapack Catback, Steeda TriAx, Nexus Series - AFM, Vac/Boost, Fuel Pressure, Speed of Sound Dash Pod, Raptor Blue LED Shift Light. 425 RWHP 387 TQ
Unread 01-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
boemerson is offline Apprentice

S197 Member

boemerson's Country Flag  View boemerson's 10 photos
Irving   Texas
boemerson is on a distinguished road

For what its worth. I remember seeing an FOOSE/Unique Performance ad in one of my magazines a few years ago. It was advertising the Stallion itself, but also listed off a number of dealerships that could convert your GT into Stallions with kits. I remember the ad well because it was when I first realized that Unique Performance was just down the road from where I lived.
Unread 01-30-2009   #6 (permalink)

4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemerson View Post
For what its worth. I remember seeing an FOOSE/Unique Performance ad in one of my magazines a few years ago. It was advertising the Stallion itself, but also listed off a number of dealerships that could convert your GT into Stallions with kits. I remember the ad well because it was when I first realized that Unique Performance was just down the road from where I lived.
That is probably true. Unique Performance was licensed by Foose Design to build the Foose Stallion. The Stallions that were available through the dealerships were typically new mustangs supplied by Ford to Unique Performance where they did the transformation and distributed through the dealers. This type of arrangement is typical for most specialty cars. My latest Foose started its life as a 2007 Black GT and was transformed by Unique Performance in Dec 2006 to the one you see in my pictures wrapped in the Hot Hues Cinammon. That is one of the reasons the name plate is so important. It ties the traceability of the original Ford VIN to the Foose Design build number (both numbers are on each tag).
Unread 01-30-2009   #7 (permalink)

4.6L Member
S197 Member

You can figure a base price of about $13K plus for the addition of a Foose Design package on top of the price of the GT. Here is a photo of one of my Foose window stickers. It lists the mods from Foose with the addition of several Foose Options bringing the Foose package alone to almost $20K. Then I had the dealer add about another $13K in my personal performance mods before I took delivery. Things add up quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
2006 Mustang Foose question-foosewindowsticker.jpg  
Unread 01-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
boemerson is offline Apprentice

S197 Member

boemerson's Country Flag  View boemerson's 10 photos
Irving   Texas
boemerson is on a distinguished road

Do you ever have problems with replacement parts and such? I know there was a news story about employees of Unique not getting paid. Sounds like it'd be a headache if you needed something from them.

Former Unique Performance Employees Say They Haven't Received Back Wages - cbs11tv.com
Unread 01-30-2009   #9 (permalink)

4.6L Member
S197 Member

Unique Performance obviously is no longer in business and was only the licensed agent for getting the build completed and distributing the cars back to the dealers for sale. My understanding is that they did not actually do the build. If you watch Overhaulin' you know who probably built the cars.

Anyway, I did track down the builder and was referred to a supplier that does have most of the parts. Whether just by chance or by design, the company did not respond to a number of inquiries for parts until I finally sent evidence that I was an owner. Personally, I liked that after I thought about it for a while. It helps preserve the value. Who knows, they may change their stance tomorrow... With that said, if someone is thinking of cloning, please do not ask me to provide supplier information. I will not make it easy and I will ask you for a photo of your ID plate; otherwise, I will help any way that I can. I have already had inquiries since the earlier post today.
Unread 01-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
mrvandermey is offline SHELBY GT 500 Member

mrvandermey's Country Flag  View mrvandermey's 2 photos
West Coast   California
mrvandermey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppamilano View Post
Hello All! I am new to the site and a proud owner of a 2007 Mustang Coupe. I recently found a 2006 Mustang Foose Convertible for sale and fell in love. Before I buy, is there anything I should know about these cars? All I know is what a regular GT Convertible sells for. How much more is a FOOSE design worth?? Also, is it possible it is a "knock off" Foose? Is there a way I can tell? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do NOT want to make a mistake and overpay for something that isn't worth a lot more. Lastly, is there any specs to be found on the 2006 Foose convertible? What makes it special other than the wheels, stripes, etc.? How many did they make? Thank you SO MUCH for any help you can provide!
What makes it special is the name "Foose". Chip Foose has his own design company and he is rather famous for such designs. If Ima not mistaken there should be some type of certificate of authetentacy witht he car if is a real Foose Design.

From what I have seen of the Foose car, most of them go for $48K-$54K.....you ar emostly paying for a unique cosmetic dsign and the Foose name. Some of the Foose car may have either a supercharger or aprocharger (usually Foose's choice).

If you get, please do post a few pics. By theway, welcoem to AFM, glad to hav eyo here.

I must admit, I do so love those beautiful Foose Stangs. Originally, the stripes on my car were going to be Foose stripes (or slightly modifed Foose stripes). I may have to look for a Foose convertible to go with my current toy.
Unread 01-30-2009   #11 (permalink)

4.6L Member
S197 Member

[quote=mrvandermey;1361395]... If Ima not mistaken there should be some type of certificate of authetentacy witht he car if is a real Foose Design. quote]

There is no certificate of authenticity per se. There is a metal nameplate on the nylon binder for the Owner's Manual that has both the car VIN and the Foose build number. I guess you could call this a certificate. There is also a matching nameplate on the passenger strut tower with the same information. The same information is also on the window sticker from Unique Performance. See earlier post with image of sticker. This also lists both ID numbers.
Unread 06-21-2010   #12 (permalink)
stonehac is offline Rookie

stonehac's Country Flag
syracuse utah   Utah
stonehac is on a distinguished road

Drove by a dealership here in utah and saw a red foose 2007 mustang. asking price was 24900.00 i know this post is kind of old but i figured i ask it here since pricing was discussed. have the foose mustangs held there value.

haven't looked at it with a salesman but they told me on the phone it was a model with the optional superchager. not a real huge mustang but i really like the way this car looks. is this a good deal at this price. it only has 16000.00 miles, all 4 wheels have curb rash and teh front bumper looks like it has scraped a curb a couple times.

thanks
Unread 06-21-2010   #13 (permalink)
jaja6009 is offline GT Member

jaja6009's Country Flag  View jaja6009's 11 photos
Atlantic City   New Jersey
jaja6009 is on a distinguished road

I think they are overpriced. But some people like to have what some would consider a rare car.
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
Unread 05-18-2011   #14 (permalink)
RollFooseRoll is offline Rookie

RollFooseRoll's Country Flag  View RollFooseRoll's 21 photos
Newnan   Georgia
RollFooseRoll is on a distinguished road

Hello all. I have just recently purchased a 2007 Foose. I do love the car but it has some things missing and I can't seem to find replacements.

Victor - I would love to be able to e-mail you about the Foose's as you seem to have more knowledge than anyone I've met on any other forums. I tried e-mailing you through your website but it was returned. Hope you are still around.
Unread 05-18-2011   #15 (permalink)
Oak Lawn Chris is offline Made Member

Oak Lawn Chris's Country Flag  View Oak Lawn Chris's 23 photos
Oak Lawn   Illinois
Oak Lawn Chris is on a distinguished road

Try using the personal message to reach him. In case he doesn't see the thread.

Awesome ride! Post some pics.

-Chris

RWHP? Who cares!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
2006, convertible, foose, mustang

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172