2007 mustang gt how to replace license plate light - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009 Thread Starter
2007 mustang gt how to replace license plate light

im having trouble replacing the light bulb to my 2007 mustang gt license plate light. i tried to unscrew the screws on the outside but all they do is just keep turning. how do i get behind the screws. i didnt see a place in the inside of the trunk. can anybody help?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009
Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
I had the same issue and I ended up just prying the lamp bezel down with a flat blade screwdriver and then pressing it back up when done. Those screws are a joke and don't really have threads on them anyway.

Ordered 8/17/06 - 2007 Ford Mustang GT - Alloy Grey, 5 speed, 18" fanblades, Interior Upgrade Package, Premium Interior Trim, GT appearance package, wheel locks, spoiler delete, 3.55 limited slip rear end. Scheduled for production 11/6/06.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009
slide a flat screwdriver under the head of the screw and give a little pressure on it as you turn it with another screwdriver. This should make it bite. I believe the bulb pulls out, not screw.....don't quote me on that though.

Drive it like you stole it.

2005 GT - Torch Red - Cervini Ram Air - Cervini Body kit w/Cat Side Exhaust - More billet items than I can list - MGW Variable Throw Shifter ----the list goes on......
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009
Made Member
Those really arent screws. They are more of a push in type trim fastener. I use a pick with a fine point to get under the edge of the middle part of the fastener & pop it out. Its the part that looks like a screw. It spreads the insides out to hold firm like a wall anchor.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009 Thread Starter

Thank you guys for your replies. That helps me out alot! Thanks again

Life is a ride, so ride the best! Mustang!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Mustang II Member
Welcome to the site.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page