Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

convertible top price?

14K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Mpov 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced their top and if so how much did it cost? I have an 06 and top starting to look worn. Plus i live in Fl. so the sun doesn't help. Thanks.

#2 ·
I paid $755 about a year ago in Boston including the top. It didn't include a new glass rear window, but my old window was fine so he just used that. It came out real nice too. I'd shop around because most of my quotes were in the 1200-1400 dollar range.

#3 ·
There was a thread on here or in the the tech forum that stated a guy who had a convertible had his top slashed with a knife. I too have a convertible so I asked him how much it would cost to replace it. He said his insurance was paying $2000.00. I can't remember if that was before or after his deductible.

#4 ·
There was a thread on here or in the the tech forum that stated a guy who had a convertible had his top slashed with a knife. I too have a convertible so I asked him how much it would cost to replace it. He said his insurance was paying $2000.00. I can't remember if that was before or after his deductible.

Last fall I was driving my son to his hockey game. We had his goalie stick in the back seat and when we put the top down it caught the stick and started binding. When we put the top back up we noticed two cuts where the roof frame pinched the top.

Unlike the previous generation, the glass is not removable on the s197 convertibles. The top and glass come as one piece.

Since my car was still under warranty I ordered an OEM top. Between the top and installation the insurance company paid $2K. I believe the top was around $1,400, and labor to put the top on was around $600.

Fortunately the top mechanism wasn't damaged, so the only thing that was replaced was the top.

Aftermarket tops are available that are a little less expensive, but I can't speak to the quality and fit.

Interesting to note, my car is an '06, the replacement top is from the current model that now includes the rain gutters. Aside from that it's identical to what I had previously.

#7 ·
they have cloth tops too, which look a lot nicer.
I have cloth on mine. (Cost about $200 more when I ordered it.) Thought it looked a little better when new. Saw an 08 Candy Apple Red CS Mustang Covertible at the Mall Saturday. Did a double take cause I have not seen another my color in my town, much less another convertible. That's when I realized their vinyl roof was dark gray now and not black anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.