Ford Mustang Forum banner

black wall tires

851 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Norm Peterson 
#1 ·
who has the nicest looking black wall

#2 ·
not sure I understand the question -- pretty much all tires are blackwall tires, and they all look pretty much the same, black . . . . ?

#3 ·
Just guessing here, but perhaps it's in regards to the texture of the black sidewall. Some black sidewall tires have nice smooth sidewalls that are easy to clean and dress, and other sidewalls are quite busy with all kinds of different textures and lettering that make it hard to clean, and look nice after being dressed.

#4 ·
Yeah I'm guessing he's talking about a smooth sidewall. I have General G-Max tires on mine and parts of the sidewall are serrated and they are kind of a pain to clean. Good grip and good in the rain but man are they noisy. I'll probably wind up with Dunlop DZ102's next time around on some 18's. Those had a nice sidewall and incredible grip, and they were quiet. Dedicated summer tire though.

#6 ·
Check out Griot's Tire Rejuvenator, it really does make discolored sidewalls a nice satin black again (not shiny), just like new. I am very impressed with it.

#7 ·
I used to go over my sidewalls, black and rwl, with scotch brite or steel wool. Didn't hurt the tire but left it a really nice, deep black. Looks so good tire dressing isn't necessary. I guess it's kind of like what polish does to car paint in that it removes "dead" rubber.

#8 ·
Wide tires that are legitimately track-able at an intermediate level have the sidewalls that look good to me. How busy the design or how clean/shiny/satin-y they might (might not?) look is irrelevant.

Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.