Ford Mustang Forum banner

2014 seats in a 2010

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  06CanuckGT 
#1 ·
Did a swap this weekend and thought I'd pass on some of what I learned. The swap is possible and I highly recommend it if you can get a like new 14 set. Really made a difference. I have 68k miles on my car and it feels new again!

Driver's side seat was easy. The seats I got didn't have seat belt buckles. The first thing I noticed was my seat belt buckle plug had a different plug than the one on the 14. So I swapped harnesses and attached the seat belt buckle from my 10 on the 14 seats. The air bag plugs were the same.

Passenger seat is a little more involved but still easy. Again the harness needs to be swapped out. There is a box that is attached to the 10 seat that is riveted in on the seat frame. The box has a plug that the harness needs to plug into. So you need to take the box off. Just drill out the rivets. But first you need to take out the air bag bladder sensor. This needs to be put in the new seat anyway. The plug is different on the 14 so your harness will not work on it. All you have to do is pop off the bottom seat cover and remove the bladder and put it in the new seat. The box can be riveted back on the new seat. But the 14 seat has a small metal piece that holds the bladder sensor plug. This needs to be removed to if you want to but the box in the same place.

Feel free to ask me any questions and add pointers if you've done a swap. Took a couple pics to show the difference between the 14 and the 10 seats on the passenger side. 14 seat is in the first pic. Hope this helps! This only covers 2010 models but I think the seats might be the same on 07-10s.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there any functional difference in the later seats; or did you swap just because the old ones were worn out?

#3 ·
No just the same base model seats. I was wanting to go with leather or possibly cloth with power. But that just wasn't in the cards. I didn't realize how much a difference it would be! I guess 68k miles and my fat ass didn't do the old seats any favors. Like I said the new ones make it feel like a different car. Hopefully the aftermarket will offer some oem replacement seat covers, cushions etc in the future. I know there is some older s197s that probably need help. Here is some pics of my old seats.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.