Ford Mustang Forum banner

Way to tighten handbrake so rear wheels lock?

740 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  s197gt 
#1 ·
How do I tighten the handbrake to lock the rear wheels while moving. Drift season comes in march. When i pull my hand brake the wheels will not lock, it is mildly adjusted, and stops roughly 4 inches above the center console. I'm new to drifting and would like to save my clutch just a little and use the handbrake.

#2 ·
well its a mustang the power will over come the brakes so use the clutch or use weight transfer to get it to break

#3 ·
i don't think using the handbrake in a RWD car with an lsd is going to help you break the rear end loose. Using the gas pedal will help more. While turning, locking the lsd(gas pedal), will almost certainly make the rear end come loose. I do it on a regular basis. It makes me smile.

If you are going to get serious about drifting, a better lsd (1.5 way or 2 way) will serve you better than tightening the e brake will. You are not driving a FWD civic. That upgrade however, will hurt your ability to drive it as a dd. Also a 2 way apparently makes a lot of noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.