Ford Mustang Forum banner

Exhaust help..Bassani

595 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JBert 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Been a long time. I'm starting to get my ass in to gear and post on the forums again.

Got a question for you guys

I've been doing some research on here and all over Google. But I can't find the answer to my question.

What is the difference between these two Bassani mufflers? I can't find the chamber ##'s

http://www.brenspeed.com/46075.html#undefined2

My first inclination with this that its 2.

And then the race:

http://www.brenspeed.com/4607sr5.html

I had to unfortunately replace my stock cats with pipes high flows and it killed the sound of my set up. High flow cats and slp loudmouth's were rediculous sly loud. The stock cats were perfect. Just trying to find a new set up here

See less See more
#2 ·
Without having first hand experience with either muffler, I can only speculate. The race muffler might get you back to that stock cat sound you had but I'm pretty sure the other brand will get you there but might take it too far in the other direction. You don't want it too quiet do you? Lol
As far as weather it's dual chambers or not, you can always call Breenspeed.
Btw.....welcome back.

#3 ·
Back to basics: smaller mufflers are louder; bigger mufflers are quieter.

The small, straight-through "can" mufflers will be relatively loud, and will let through a lot of the pops, snorts and crackles. Just by looking at the picture and judging by the size of the cans, those will be pretty loud and might be "too loud" with a cat delete and/or headers.

The rectangular ones either are a chambered muffler, or a "semi straight through" where the inner tube takes a slight bend to come in one corner and out the other. Those tend to be a bit quieter, and absorb a lot of the pops, snorts and crackles. I can't tell from looking at it whether it is chambered inside or not. If it is chambered, it could have a problem with "drone" as there can be resonance created by the sound waves bouncing around in there.

If I were you, I would consider the Magnaflow rectangular mufflers. I had these on my 2010 with otherwise stock exhaust, and the sounded great but a little too quiet. They might be perfect with a cat delete.

And just for the record: personally, I do not agree with Cat delete; they are required by law for a reason and there isn't a big benefit to removing them anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.