Ford Mustang Forum banner

Safety Recall Notice 15S21 / NHTSA 15V-319 05 Mustang

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Stwarrior23 
#1 ·
2005 Mustang
What is the issue?
The front driver side airbag inflator housing may rupture and deploy abnormally in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver side frontal airbag. An inflator rupture could result in metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Just recieved the recall today so if you drive a 05 be expecting your letter soon....

#2 ·
Yes, that is all true. also in the southern US and outlying islands where heat and humidity can affect the chemicals that inflate the air bag. the heat and humidity cause the chemicals (ammonium nitrate and others) to expand to fast, causing the "explosion" to rupture the airbag casing causing shrapnel to be expelled out. these are extreme cases but have caused almost 100 deaths and more injuries. the recall has been issued in stages working from the southern US and going north. I just had mine replaced in my 05" on Friday (drivers side). it took about half a day. and yes the 15v supercedes the 14# that was issued late last year.

#3 ·
Yeah going to take mine after I get it out from the body shop. Someone backed into my car with a jacked up Dodge hiting the hood and fender. Luckly he is a regular customer who owns a plumbing company. Notice you are from Ft worth. Just to let you know I'm a auto tech of 25 years. Worked for Ford 8 of the years. I work for Tilden Auto Care in White Settlement Tx. If you ever have a problem with your Mustang just bring it in. I can do the dreadful tune-up and have the proper tools to do it. We carry Amsoil which I have it for my oil,transmission,and diff. We also have great deals on tires for your Mustang. Let me know and I'll shoot you the address on a personal message.... Thanks for the comment!!:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.