Ford Mustang Forum banner

Mustang Tail lights 2013 Style

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bl817 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there really isn't a template to go by. use the raised edge of each raised portion as your guide, run a piece of 1/2" tape around each, cover reverse light as well. spray with plasti-dip or equivalent, let dry, remove tape and be impressed. would be easier with housings out of the car. good luck.

#6 ·
Ah sorry, I thought you were going the plasti-dip route. I have those decals from AM on my tail lights. bad thing is there is still light thru the recessed portions of the taillight, I bought the matte black tail light trim to fix that problem. ill try to get some pics up.

#7 ·
Hmmmm... is there a reason you wouldn't want the Raxiom Gen 5 tail lights? Same "2013" effect, but they are a lot brighter than the stock taillights.

Raxiom Mustang Gen 5 Style Tail Lights 49169 (05-09 All) - Free Shipping

Not knocking what you did here, but the idea of masking off your taillights to allow LESS light to the driver behind you is somewhat disconcerting. I wonder if you could get a ticket? (Here in CA it's illegal to cover taillights in any way) Just sayin' :surprise:

#8 ·
Hmmmm... is there a reason you wouldn't want the Raxiom Gen 5 tail lights? Same "2013" effect, but they are a lot brighter than the stock taillights.
Price probably... At least that's why I don't have them yet lol.

#9 ·
the Raxioms are badass but at 400$ i really cant justify them like Joe said.. like I said, i went with the 20$ decals and AM had the matte black trim on sale for 50$. they look good and go with my blackout panel nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.