Ford Mustang Forum banner

Interior lighting question

845 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  aquaman183 
#1 ·
So, I was scrolling around American muscle's website and came across these led light strips.

Mustang 15 in. LED Strips (Pair) - w/ RGB ColorSHIFT Controller (79-17 All) - Free Shipping

Seems like a lot of money for some light strips.

Does anyone buy something more generic on Amazon and wire it in?

Or is this the best option?

I just want to add some lighting under the glove box/by the pedals that come on when the door opens and then dim off..maybe have the option to turn on separately as well.

Also, can you buy the dome lights, license plate lights etc..in led form cheaper than on American muscle?

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I bet with a little R&D, you can buy those lights and assemble your own kit. Many years ago (I'm talking 30+), I had a mini-truck that was a show type "toy" and was featured in Truckin magazine.........it was midnight metallic blue with a chrome rear sway/traction bar assembly....I wanted it to be seen at night.......at that time, the California vehicle prohibited blue lights on anything but law enforcement vehicles 9same holds true today ) but, the way it was worded at that time, the reflected light was not illegal......so I ordered trailer lights (used on the 18 wheeler trailers) with blue lenses, 12v, and installed them under the bed and tucked up in each of the wheel wells........IMHO, it really looked cool at night, the ground and all the chrome was lit up in a soft deep blue. You can get very creative with lighting today.

#8 ·
Search around for 12 VDC LED light strip. I bought some on Aliexpress 2 years ago for pretty cheap and they work fine. I looked again and can't seem to find them - but there are other Chinese sites too - Tmart etc. It drives me up the wall when I see the prices that domestic places charge for something they probably buy overseas and cheap. Unfortunately not much manufacturing done here anymore and if it is, it is quite over priced - I guess that what Trump wants to change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.