2007 mustang interior door panel help - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member
2007 mustang interior door panel help

the material that is above the arm rest on the door panel is falling down in my car, i've tried super glue and gorilla glue and neither were successful at re attaching them. I nutted up and took a power stapler to the drivers side (i know extremely stupid no need to beat me up here) but now the passenger side is falling down too. does anyone know of a good way to fix this can you get new or substitute material and reattach or i've seen some on here who have painted there door panels. I'm just looking to see if someone else has had this happen and what others may have done.

reclaiming America ..... one import at a time
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011
PONY Member
Take the car to an upholstery shop and have the re-glue/repair the panels.

Xcharger with water/meth injection, JBA headers
JBA duals with an H pipe, Roush springs, Che K member brace with torque limiters, Cervini's quarter window deletes, Canton polished tanks, Moroso fuse and master cyl covers, Cervini's cowl hood, custom GT500 chin spoiler, PJ rear louvers, Black rear spoiler, BSM custom stripes, Hurst shifter, Billet interior trim, custom door welts, Autometer dash pod, AEM wideband, Autometer boost & Fuel pressure gauges.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011
I had this happen to me too, and it really bugged me. There's a thin piece of foam that is sandwiched between the trim the the door panel. The foam rots away and causes the trim the separate. Here's what I did:

1) With a small flat-tip screwdriver, gently pry out the top edge of the trim.

2) I masked the area off with newspaper and masking tape.

3) Using an industrial strength spray adhesive, spray an even coat on both the loosened trim and the door panel. I used one made by 3M that I had left over from another project.

4) Let dry for a few minutes, then starting from the center of the trim and working to the outer edge, gently press the trim to the panel.

I'm really happy with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adhesive.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	142124   Click image for larger version

Name:	masking.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	142125   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	142126  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011
4.6L Member
S197 Member
Same thing happened to me on drivers side. I found an article on here that helped me in solving the problem. I pulled mine down to the arm rest, careful not to pull it all the way out. Then cleaned off all the factory glue until the fabric on panel and upholstery was clean.

I then bought a can of Weldwood contact cement from Walmart (about $5) and using a foam brush, applied it to both sides carefully. This is after taping off the areas around trim, on the door panel to ensure none got on the door.

I let the first layer of contact cement dry about 10 minutes, then came back with a second layer. Then using a wet cloth I worked it smooth to the top edges and used a small putty knife to push it into the seams.

Kept going back every 10 - 15 minutes with wet cloth to smooth it out and now, it looks great.

Good luck!

2008 GT , Candy Apple Red, Manual, Parchment Interior, Shaker 500.
Mods: JLT CAI with Bama 89P & 93R tunes.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page