Ford Mustang Forum banner

2006 mustang v6

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  ga_stang2159 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have the opportunity to buy a 2006 mustang v6. Here is the link to it: 2006 Ford Mustang. Is this a good deal? I wanted to get a gt, but don't think I can afford it right now. I've driven it and it drives fine with no problems.

#2 ·
Looks pretty good to me. How's it drive? Did you poke around under the hood? Does it have true dual exhaust or a split to the dual mufflers?

My 2006 V6 Pony has a little bit more miles than that and she is still going strong. I'd say jump on it if she drives good.

#3 ·
It drove good man. The only problem that I had was that after I stalled(new to driving stick lol) it was bucking it first gear after I restarted the car, but I'm sure that it's because of my driving. After it bucked in first I changed to 2nd gear and it drove fine and it never did it again. When I started in first gear the rest of the time I was driving it was. Haven't checked under the hood yet, so I'm not sure about the exhaust. I do know that it says slp on the tips if that helps any.

#5 ·
Well, great car to learn a stick on. I'd go back and look at it a little closer, but it seems like the previous owner did some nice mods to it, without going crazy with the "looks only" department.

Leather interior and a manual in the V6 is a win. Most sixes are base models. The car has a lot of potential.

#7 ·
Im not sure how mustang prices are in TX but that is about the average price of a V6 mustang here in Ga. As long as it runs and drives good then I think you are getting a fair price. I can't see from the pictures but be sure to check the tire tread. If you are going to have to replace the tires soon then you may can talk the price down a hair further.

#9 ·
It looks like a base model with some mods. For the mileage and condition, the price seems fair. Bucking in 1st sounds to me like your newness to a 5 speed. The gas cap door looks like aftermarket and you might want to paint it. However, it looks like a good deal.

#10 ·
The price seems great but do yourself a favor and pay a local shop a small fee to put it up on the lift and check for things you may not be able to see in their lot. Mainly to make sure the car isn't a salvage or rebuilt car or hiding any other secrets.

Let us know if you decide to buy it and need any advice on part selection!

#14 ·
Yeah, some mods will actually lower the value. Don't let the mods talk money for the dealer. Go on condition, mileage and clean title.

Of course, if you like the mods, hey all the better.

If I wasn't busy tomorrow, I'd drive up there and meet you. I'm like an hour and 20 minutes away from that dealer. Maybe I could make time on Wednesday or Thursday during the day.

#15 ·
Ahh yea you're in Austin. I actually have a friend that lives in Austin that has a V8 Camaro. Today(Tuesday), Wednesday, and Thursday I have a exams in the morning and have to work from 2-9. SO I will only have like a hour of free time. Friday would be a good day because it's the end of the semester or this weekend. By then if everything checks out I'll own it:grin:

#17 ·
Ah, to be young again...lol!

That seems high to me, unless you are under 25 years old.

I could probably do Friday. PM me to set it up if you want me to look at the vehicle with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.