Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 4.0 exhaust options?

691 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ArmyOfEchoes 
#1 ·
So I recently picked up a 2010 4.0 which currently is dual exhaust, flowmaster 40s, had a resonator which both pipes go into and then come out of. Sounds good but not aggressive enough for me. What can I do? Was thinking some bbk or jba shortys. Not sure if an h pipe would be good also? I don't want it to sound poppy which currently it does not. Just looking for a meaner grumble

#2 ·
Are you sure the "resonator" isn't a Mac ProChamber? You're not going to get a deep rumble out of these cars no matter what exhaust you put on. I've been thru multiple setups and finally settled on the Pypes Violator dual exhaust with X-Pipe. I ran a single Pypes M-80 with muffler delete for a while and it was ok, a little too ricey for me. Then I had X pipe with no mufflers and it was loud and annoyed the hell out of me. Look around YouTube for video clips of different setups and see if you can find one you like.

#3 ·
Not positive what it is but never seen anything like it. My car is lowered so I'll try and get some pics if I can, but for the 2010 v6 videos I've seen they all sound like rice crap, the way mine is now sounds really good just want it to be a little louder. Maybe some super 44's or something? Borla sounds like crap in the videos I've seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.