Ford Mustang Forum banner

A Strange Mustang V6

3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  GT500MUSTANGFAN 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I would say that the PO spent a bit of money to add the GT front bumper/grill and rear bumper with dual cutouts plus add dual exhaust as V6 cars are single, lower side molding that's paint color matched-V6 cars are black, hood with faux scoop and rear trunk lid with spoiler. a pony package V6 would have fog lights but the GT front bumper needs to be added to get the GT grill. the PO may have found a wrecked GT to take said parts off of in redfire metallic (which I think that's your color as well, code G2). really a sharp looking clean car, if you wouldn't have said its a V6 I would have put money that its a GT, well until I saw the faux gas cap :wink:. welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
It's not hard to make the base Mustang look like a GT. Here is mine. It has a GT/CS front and a GT rear with GT side skirts, GT hood and GT wheels. I made a dual exhaust for it by using GT pipes and a custom H pipe. Like yours, the only way to tell from the outside is to look at the fake gas cap.

Attachments

#4 ·
The prior owner simply bought the GT front and rear fascia and side skirts. Easy swap, and the parts were plentiful and cheap from places like Roush when they converted a GT.

#6 ·
09 did not have a color named Sangria Red nor was Redfire available that year. The only two reds were Torch red and Dark Candy Apple Red, as is mine. It is not a V6 any longer it is clearly a clone GT wannabe. To know if you have a Pony Pkg look under the rear and see if you have a anti-sway bar. Base V6 do not have that.

#9 ·
I do admit it looks good but the '09's have a different spoiler on the rear

#11 ·
I seen the other day while picking up parts for my boss A 2013 V6 with 5.0 badges on it. we were talking (the owner and I) He said to me "my wife wanted a 5.0 so I put those badges on" I was thinking nah you wanted them on lol

I know we all want to make our stangs unique but IMHO that's truly making a stang something its not

#13 ·
I agree....Don't you just hate people that make one post or ask a question and never come back to check what other have replied? I know I do. That's why many times if its a one post wonder I wont even bother to give any response. I only respond now to members who have been around for a while.

BTW silver_stang200 in reply to your earlier posts, I agree with you that changing a V6 is kinda dumb, but to each their own. I am more of the mindset of keeping mine full OEM. In the long run I think a fully original car is more interesting than a restomod. I like going to shows and seeing the original ones more than the modified, but like I said everybody has different taste. Also you mentioned that the 09's had a different spoiler. You are partly correct. The V6 pony pkg spoiler was used back then as I have one, but many dealers and buyers opted for the GT wing because it was cooler looking (to some people) and cheaper. Try buying a V6 spoiler now. The GT is dirt cheap and the V6 is a few hundred to replace. I like my V6 spoiler better than the wing. I think the Pony Pkg was a great idea Ford had. You get a V6 with all the handling of a GT at half the price almost.

#16 ·
id like to see some documentation on that. if that's the case then there are quite a few 09' V6 cars dressed as GTs, in several different colors. search for window sticker vin decoder and run your vin thru it and see what it comes up with. specifically equipment/options group #.Definitely interesting for sure

#18 ·
I like Grabber Orange, cool color. I like Dark Candy Apple Red more though (wonder why? :grin:) but its a b*tch to find touch up pain for it. I have some of those Ford paint f*ck ups I wanted to fix properly but cant find a spray can of DCAR anywhere. Oreilley's used to carry it but no more. Duplicolor says they don't make it any more. It sucks. Dont want to pay $40+ to have a paint place make it for me. I wont bother with the brush on (Ford carries a .5 ounce can of brush on) because that always looks like crap. Metalic paint never brushes on properly. If anyone knows where you can get DCAR in a spray can cheap, please post here.

#28 ·
HAHAHAHA this is hilarious!!! I imagine it's because he couldn't prove what he was saying about his car coming from the factory looking like a GT. Folks here were calling BS on his claim and he is so thin skinned that he couldn't tolerate being wrong and looking foolish. So he deleted all his posts so it looks like we are all talking BS to ourselves. This is why I really don't like newbies. They come, the drop their load (literally) and then they leave. Some never even come back to finish the posts that they start. The art of conversation is really disappearing from this planet thanks to the web. >:)

#29 ·
I find it disappointing in several aspects rather than funny/hilarious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.