Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang V6 O2 sensor Wiring harness pinched

12K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  09v6 
#1 ·
On my 2009 4.0L mustang had the clutch changed but the o2 sensor wiring harness got pinched so I had redone all the other wires that were color coded but when I got to all the red and yellow wires where it was mostly pinched where the oem shrink wrap was and I wanted to re wire them but when I took the shrink wrap off there's 5 red and yellow wires then they are all bunched together not sure if there melted or Ford solder them that way but on the other end there's only 4 red and yellow wires 2 that go back into harness and 2 that goes to the o2 sensor clip, so is this melted together or its supposed to be all together in a bunch like this? Cause it's goes 5 wires then to 4 wires?? Does anyone know? And are they all power?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What, what, what? In all my years working on cars I have never seen ANY OEM wire soldering. ALL OEM system are connected with connectors. It makes it easy for assembly at the plant. NOTHING ever gets soldered. This has to be a melting effect or someone was there before you. Look at any OEM part of your car and you will see that wiring always runs the length of the harness uncut and if they are split they have connectors. Just go through a carefully dissect all these wires until you can clarify what wiring goes where. Take your time!

#4 ·
I bought the car brand new and first time having the clutch replaced and it can't be melted together cause it's like a cement square block with the wires in a bunch and 5 wires on one side and 4 wires on the other side so I just fixed and replaced the pinched crimped wires on the 4 wire side that go to the o2 sensors and left the bunched soldered part and just shrink tubed all off it together and changed the fuse then reconnected the battery , Now it runs perfect like brand new with No codes No Check engine or wrench light ( as before I had 8 codes, and instantly go into limp home mode (the wrench light) and engine light on, didn't matter if I reset to codes or disconnected the battery because of pinched 02 sensor wires, which made it so confusing) so I guess Ford solders them all together without using connecters, I found a diagram that explains why there is a five wires on that side cause 4 go to the o2 sensors and the fifth wire goes to EGR system module so then they solder it together and then turns in 4 wires for the 02 sensors. So now I know if those wires get pinched for 02 sensors changing a clutch Fords Computers kicks All these codes of P0446, P0102, P0403, P0161, P0135, P0161, P0135, P0443, hope this helps anyone with the issue I had. thank you for the replys

Attachments

#5 ·
I was going by your first image and it just looks like a melted blob of wires or a crappy mess done by an amateur. Maybe it's just a bad pic or bad angle, hard to say. When I have seen manufacturers use anything other than connectors then generally the wires are fused in a block and that block is then coated in a water resistant material to protect them. Never have I seen an exposed mess like that first pic (unless it's a ground wire collective but these look like hot wires).

#7 ·
You would be somewhat correct. I have been a devout DIY'er working on my families vehicles for over 30 years. Wont call myself a professional but I fix'em as I need to and have never come across anything other than what I mentioned. If you are a pro, then I wish you well with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.