Ford Mustang Forum banner

Takata Airbag Issue

947 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sidrick 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of way on how to deactivate these airbags until ford builds up the supply so I can replace mine when the time comes?My 2005 mustang is part of the recall.

#4 ·
I got my letter last week and it stated that the dealer has the parts in stock(drivers side) may I suggest calling your local dealer to find out if they have them.
Also when you call you will need to give the service dept your VIN# that's what I had to do. had an apt for today but had to cancel it because my car isn't done at the body shop yet

#5 ·
I wouldn't. This part has assuredly saved more lives than it's cost. There is no way of knowing if yours is defective. This has caused what, 6 deaths globally? I think you are putting your life more at risk by deactivating a primary safety system that may well be in good order.

Reactions: blu13gt and sidrick
#8 ·
Had mine replaced 3 weeks ago and they scratched the steering wheel emblem in two places. My understanding is that to fix that, they have to replace the airbag again, lol. Considering it took more than 6 months for them to get the part in to replace the airbag, I can't even be bothered mentioning it to them.

Got the passenger air bag notice last week. Will wait 6 months until they get the parts and then get it done purely so the next owner knows all recalls are up to date. I loathe putting my car in to Ford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.