Ford Mustang Forum banner

Gauge Cluster Question

924 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MirageII 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Got a lead on a 6 gauge cluster from a 2007 GT. I'm hoping to put it in my 05 V6 Convertible. I understand I will have to take it to a dealer to have it reprogrammed and such (need to have a second key made anyway, eventually). But my question is, do all 6 gauge clusters have the My Color option or is there a particular part number I need to look for?

Thanks!

#2 ·
The mycolor feature is behind the insert. That function exists somewhere in the cluster and not in the insert itself. For example, if you bought a mycolor insert and put it on a non mycolor cluster, nothing would happen. If you put the mycolor cluster in there then it may work. Honestly not sure if its plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
All 6 gauge clusters have MyColor. You need to make sure that your car has the wiring harness for the 3-button Message Center controls. Pop out the blank that's on the left side of your 12v outlet. If you have a harness there, your car is prewired for the MyColor Message Center.

Once you get the new cluster and buttons, simply plug them in and take your car to the dealer to have the build data flashed to your new cluster.

In order to do this, they will require that you already have two keys for your vehicle. Get the second key made now before doing this, so that way there are no issues when you take it in.

Most 2005 mustangs are prewired for the Message Center. In mid-2006, they stopped prewiring the mustangs that didn't come with MyColor from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.