Ford Mustang Forum banner

car throwing these codes p0106,p0135,p0401, p2195,p0457 and p2195

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Travis98146 
#1 ·
well the first problem started with the O2 sensors changed them. but not ford part. second egr valve problems changed not ford parts. codes never went away after changing the parts, them all of these other codes showed up. it seems like there is a short some where really need help guys. really need to get my car to passed inspection.

#3 ·
check your alternator and battery. low or insufficient voltage will cause sensor issues. I know the alt is a known issue in the GT cars. the diodes go bad and cause sensor faults. not sure how prevalent that issue is in the V6 cars but a place to start. Welcome to the Forum and good luck

#5 ·
I checked all these codes against SCT livewire program
P0106 - Manifold absolute pressure sensor range out of spec
P0135 - Bank 1, upstream O2, excess current drain, open/short
P0401 - EGR insufficient flow
P2195 - Bank 1 sensor 1, signal biased/stuck lean
P0457 - Evap leak, gas cap not tight

has any work been done to the car in any area, including oil change etc? after reading all those together like that, the first 4 could be attributed to a possible vacuum leak. I just had a CEL pop up on my work car and it turned out to be the O ring on the gas cap had a small tear, new gas cap fixed the evap problem and CEL. hope to get you on the right track. good luck

#6 ·
I've got these exact codes on mine. It was so bad my car would shut off. Check you heated PCV Valve, mine was stuck open and it was sucking in a lot of oil. So much that my Throttle body was wet with oil. Depending on the milage, look at your Gas filter.
Clean out the the MAF sensor and do the idle relearn process.
Get you Alternator checked out too.

#7 ·
Did you use a scanner (clear procedure) to clear the codes after you replaced the parts? Most computer systems won't clear hard set codes. Your replacement parts don't necessarily have to be Ford parts. The "other" company parts are manufactured to be OEM replacements. Your 135 points to a bad O2 sensor, 106 points to a vacuum leak, 401 most likely a bad EGR or plugged manifold port for it, 2195 again points to a lean mixture via a vacuum leak, 457 is a bad/loose/leaking gas cap (especially true if you have replaced a stock cap with an aftermarket locking cap). I hope this will point you in the right direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.