Ford Mustang Forum banner

DRL LED bar not working

13K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ladha1990 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just noticed that the LED strips in my 2014 GT headlights stopped working when the headlights are in AUTO mode. They work fine when the parking lights are on and when I lock/ unlock the car, but they don't turn on in AUTO mode like they used to. Any ideas? Thanks

#4 ·
Sounds like a headlight switch problem.

#7 ·
Are you sure the DRLs (they are actually called "signatures" on this lamp, not DRLs) are supposed to be on in "Auto" mode? They may not be required by regulation and therefore with "Automatic" switch engaged, they do not come on?

If they ARE supposed to be on with "Auto" engaged, I would think it's an ECU or BCM issue if both lamps are affected.

#9 ·
Mine are always on (when running) unless the high beams are on, or unless I pull the hand brake. I’ll check it later this evening to see if the Auto setting has any effect. I never use that switch position.

#11 · (Edited)
If it were stuck, you should get a warning chime when driving, and the dash light should be on.

#14 ·
solved

So I finally figured this out. Turns out I had a few thrown codes that werent registering on my code reader. The codes did register when using FORSCAN though. The codes were B2A2B and B2A2C. Left and right corner lamp output circuit short to ground. I reset the codes and my LED strips in the headlights work again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.