2014 Engine Build date. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Exclamation 2014 Engine Build date.

Hello all,

Can we please post are engine build dates for those of us who have the 5.0L coyote engine tick.

"This would be the tick when the engine is fully warmed up and that may go away after 2000 RPM"

My engine build date is 4/23/13 and I have the "tick"

Thank you all

Trent

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb50man View Post
Hello all,

Can we please post are engine build dates for those of us who have the 5.0L coyote engine tick.

"This would be the tick when the engine is fully warmed up and that may go away after 2000 RPM"

My engine build date is 4/23/13 and I have the "tick"

Thank you all

Trent
So, exactly where is the engine build date located?

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittSS View Post
So, exactly where is the engine build date located?

There should be a sticker on the driver side valve cover.

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_55_not View Post
There should be a sticker on the driver side valve cover.

Thanks! My engine build date is 9/24/2013, with no 'ticks' of any kind, 41,800 miles and Mobil 1 5w30 every 3,000 miles since new...

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I don't have the sticker that tells me the engine build date but I just bought this 2012 GT yesterday (build date 02/11) and it definitely has the tick. I knew it did when I bought it. Although I was hoping it was just valvetrain noise or something till I heard it in person. It's a cylinder five rod knock. Very common on these cars. That front rod gets oil starved and the bearing spins. Oh well... bearings are cheap. I've come to terms with the fact that's what it is. I got the car stupid cheap because of that and a little front end damage.

I am less concerned with having to fix it and more concerned with making sure it doesn't happen again.

Anyone else been through it and fixed it?

1994 Mustang GT Convertible 5-Speed. (Opal Frost) Flowmaster Headers and Flowmaster super 40 Mufflers with Axel Dumps, K&N Air Filter and Jegs Pushbutton Ignition system
Car is under restoration. just got new opal frost paint sprayed on and a new top. want to freshen up the interior and complete a 351W swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page