Ford Mustang Forum banner

New from Steeda - Front LCAs for 11-13

13K views 71 replies 23 participants last post by  5.0 Candy REDCS 
#1 ·
Check out our new front LCAs for the 11-13!

Steeda Street/Race Front Lower Control Arms w/ Ball Joints - 11-13

These specially modified factory O.E. arms are upgraded with high durometer urethane bushings for greatly reduced deflection and longer X11 ball joints for improved front suspension geometry.

Reduced bushing deflection will noticeably increase steering response and maintain proper alignment geometry during hard cornering. Our X11 ball joints will improve front geometry for increased cornering grip, reduced understeer, and reduced body roll.

Most importantly, these arms wont fold up and break under high stress conditions like aftermarket tubular designs. You get all the strength and durability that only the factory control arm assembly can provide!

Note: Due to the relocation from the longer ball joint, 18 inch or larger wheels are required for clearance.

Product Benefits
  • Will not fold up and break like aftermarket tubular designs
  • Increased cornering grip - reduced understeer
  • Maintains proper alignment geometry under hard braking
  • Reduced body roll

See less See more
#62 ·
wow... remember the days when you would turn the steering wheel and the car would turn in that direction without computers and electric assist motors doing it for you?

i never thought the day would come when we would have to worry about reprogramming a steering rack. when did things get so complicated?

... maybe SKYNET is a reality, and it's trying to possess my steering wheel.

G
#63 ·
Remember when car's wouldn't start when it was cold outside? Or when every car accident over 40mph ended in a fatality? Or when you would turn the steering wheel and the car decides to just plow straight ahead?

#65 ·
sorry for the late update. i got the car back with the dealer claiming that i had a bad wheel alignment. they said the steering rack was a non-issue. nevertheless, i didn't make it half a block from the dealer and the shaking started, so essentially after two days nothing was fixed.

i've been listening to others on the other threads and i know now i have no hope of warranty replacement of the rack. i'm not going to take off my steeda front lca's because i'm not going back to that squeaky oem crap again. still trying to find the 302s/r rack but as everyone knows they don't grow on trees and are not cheap. i should have waited another year and bought a 2012 instead of a 2011... sigh.

G
#66 ·
sorry for the late update. i got the car back with the dealer claiming that i had a bad wheel alignment. they said the steering rack was a non-issue. nevertheless, i didn't make it half a block from the dealer and the shaking started, so essentially after two days nothing was fixed.

i've been listening to others on the other threads and i know now i have no hope of warranty replacement of the rack. i'm not going to take off my steeda front lca's because i'm not going back to that squeaky oem crap again. still trying to find the 302s/r rack but as everyone knows they don't grow on trees and are not cheap. i should have waited another year and bought a 2012 instead of a 2011... sigh.

Put the OEM control arms back on the car and drive around to see if the vibration comes back. More than a few people had the EPAS vibration when they were completely stock and got replacement racks that solved the issue. Remember just because it is a non-302S/R rack doesn't mean it will vibrate with aftermarket parts.

#72 ·
...and I thought being a brain surgeon was hard!!! The joy of new technologies in cars nowadays make a brain surgeon look like a kid playing in a mud puddle!
I guess the worst part is the extent of testing by ANY manufacturer before unleashing these "new" features on consumers, and then expecting tech guys at dealerships to figure out where the issue lies, most times without any technical help from the mother ship.
I also question the "feasibility" of these gizmos...sure to hell glad my 2011 did not "offer" this junk!
The rush to market is still a crap shoot, rather than an established well tested addition to enhanced driving pleasure...buyer beware still stands, more so then in the past.
The worst part is; the general blame always seems to fall squarely on the shop tech, like he's some stupid idiot dressed in overalls that don't know the difference from a wrench to a ratchet!
When you have the actual manufacturer saying " we have no idea what the problem is", try different approaches till you figure it out ( all the while shop tech's are being paid piece work as per job, its' SO unfair!
I'm in awe at some ( most ) of the techs working at dealerships, and the deep knowledge they possess, but how in hell's name they keep up with this underhanded corporate approach, is beyond me ... it's just grossly unfair, and on their OWN dime!
We all read posts slamming shop technicians and such.... but seldom think how in most cases they are left adrift in a complex repair world on "new features" that the very manufacture has no clue what the repair procedure is...or what it is that has gone awry.
I just have a new deeper understanding of the position this group of miracle workers ( literally) find themselves in, the new complexities of the auto repair world!:bigthumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.