2013 mustang problems - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
corrupt05's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 19
 
2013 mustang problems

Well...been loving every moment of my mustang until today. Went to start my car today, all of a sudden the screen says TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT .. so i hit ok, then i start driving, my park brake light stays on(e brake is deffinately not engaged).. and my turn signal lights/hazards dont click or light up on my dashboard.. only 4500 miles on the car..taking it to the dealership tomorrow...

Thoughts?

White 2013 Mustang GT Premium - Brembo - 3.73 - 6MT
corrupt05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013
GT Member
 
cababah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,305
 
Stuff happens. That's what the warranty is for. Sounds like some electrical gremlin..

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz


cababah is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
waynegiddings's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 223
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt05 View Post
Well...been loving every moment of my mustang until today. Went to start my car today, all of a sudden the screen says TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT .. so i hit ok, then i start driving, my park brake light stays on(e brake is deffinately not engaged).. and my turn signal lights/hazards dont click or light up on my dashboard.. only 4500 miles on the car..taking it to the dealership tomorrow...

Thoughts?
Park it in a heated garage and let it thhaw out. I used to live in Fairbanks, any time i didnt park my car in my heated garage, it did the same thing. Wasn't a Mustang, but it was a new car.

2014 GT500 DIB, SVT PKG, leather Recaros, Factory Nav, UPR shorty antenna, Redline hood struts

---Sold---2011 Mustang GT Premium, Kona Blue, Automatic, comfort package, electronics package, security package, backup cam, HID's , 19" Black GT500 Wheels, Steeda CAI ,Borla over axle pipes and S-type A/B, black UPR shorty antenna, JBA Longtubes JBA Catted X-Pipe,, Dyno tuned by Brenspeed...

An Armed Society is a Polite Society..

waynegiddings is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,385
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt05 View Post
Well...been loving every moment of my mustang until today. Went to start my car today, all of a sudden the screen says TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT .. so i hit ok, then i start driving, my park brake light stays on(e brake is deffinately not engaged).. and my turn signal lights/hazards dont click or light up on my dashboard.. only 4500 miles on the car..taking it to the dealership tomorrow...

Thoughts?
Definitely bring it in to your dealer as soon as possible, corrupt05. Then, to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
corrupt05's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 19
 
Thumbs up

Turns out it needs a whole new dash cluster. Had a pretty good experience with the local ford dealership here. Contacted me after about 2 hours and also fixed the rear axle overflow leak (tsb). Part will be here in about a week, which doesnt suprise me that they dont have it in stock bc there arent allot of mustangs around especially not 2013 gt's. Thanks for the replies..ill keep you guys posted.

White 2013 Mustang GT Premium - Brembo - 3.73 - 6MT
corrupt05 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,385
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt05 View Post
Turns out it needs a whole new dash cluster. Had a pretty good experience with the local ford dealership here. Contacted me after about 2 hours and also fixed the rear axle overflow leak (tsb). Part will be here in about a week, which doesnt suprise me that they dont have it in stock bc there arent allot of mustangs around especially not 2013 gt's. Thanks for the replies..ill keep you guys posted.
Awesome! Thanks for the update, corrupt05.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
corrupt05's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 19
 
UPDATE:

New dash cluster installed.. all the problems still remain. Also noticed some more problems its been having:

*Compass in the radio display doesn't show up anymore(showed 2 dashes -- a week prior)

*Unable to change any of the mycolor's (halo, ambient, etc)

*When trying to change the color of the halo the displays shows "turn on headlights" while they are already on.

*Trunk only opens with car off and key out of ignition (not sure if this is normal)

Dealership say they're gonna need the car for 2 days next week. I'm hoping they can give me a rental car or something, they told me they couldn't give me a loaner because I'm 24 not 25.

Gonna send you a PM with my info Deysha.

White 2013 Mustang GT Premium - Brembo - 3.73 - 6MT
corrupt05 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013
PONY Member
 
5LitreRiceEater's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 493
 
that sucks however with some time they will get to the bottom of this. Goodluck
5LitreRiceEater is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013
Apprentice
 
AdvancedSpecV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 90
 
Wow! My 2013 hasn't had any issues like that. Well the rear fluid leakage I have suffered from but the rest is new. Did you give your info to Deysha?

2013 GT Premium | Comfort package | Rear Sensing & Security Package | 19" Brushed Aluminum/Black Wheels | 6spd | Borla S-Type | BAMA Ghost cam tune | O/R X pipe | Airaid Intake

1999 Mazda Miata | Hard Dog Hardcore Rollbar | Dual Borla Catback | Wilwood 4 Piston Front Brakes | Racing Beat Intake
AdvancedSpecV is offline  
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,385
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt05 View Post
UPDATE:

New dash cluster installed.. all the problems still remain. Also noticed some more problems its been having:

*Compass in the radio display doesn't show up anymore(showed 2 dashes -- a week prior)

*Unable to change any of the mycolor's (halo, ambient, etc)

*When trying to change the color of the halo the displays shows "turn on headlights" while they are already on.

*Trunk only opens with car off and key out of ignition (not sure if this is normal)

Dealership say they're gonna need the car for 2 days next week. I'm hoping they can give me a rental car or something, they told me they couldn't give me a loaner because I'm 24 not 25.

Gonna send you a PM with my info Deysha.
Thanks for the PM, corrupt05! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedSpecV View Post
Wow! My 2013 hasn't had any issues like that. Well the rear fluid leakage I have suffered from but the rest is new. Did you give your info to Deysha?
He sure did, AdvancedSpecV. Thanks!

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now  
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Dineau's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 189
 
Corupt05, Would you happen to have wet carpet or water on the passenger floor ?

This seems like to the old water leak over the SJB in the passenger kick panel !

2013 Sterling Grey GT/CS Convertible with Electronic package
Ordered 8/16/2012 / Built: 10/11/2012 / Delivered: 10/31/2012



Pervious ride:
Supercharged 2005 V6 Convertible Mineral Grey, 320 RWHP X-Charger Xtreme 2.6 #150 with 3.73 8.8" rear, Dual exhaust, MGW Shifter
Dineau is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
corrupt05's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 19
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
Corupt05, Would you happen to have wet carpet or water on the passenger floor ?

This seems like to the old water leak over the SJB in the passenger kick panel !
Hi Dineau, thanks for your reply, I have had husky floor liners on all my floors since I bought the car. They cover the whole floor, so my carpet hasnt seen any water. What is the SJB, so I can check it??

White 2013 Mustang GT Premium - Brembo - 3.73 - 6MT
corrupt05 is offline  
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Dineau's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 189
 
Since 2005 Mustangs have suffer from a water leak coming from the front passenger side area.

One of the best way to check is to lift your husky floor liners and see if the carpet or the padding underneath is wet , since the water may follow the body and run directly under the carpet you may not notice it with your liners. You can also pull the side plastic panel and look for any sign of water.

Behind this plastic panel on the passenger side there's what it is called the "Smart Junction Box" or "SJB". In that box there are fuses and electronic circuitry that controls most of the electronic devices in our car. So just a little bit of water dripping on this box can create very weird symptoms.
There have been many causes for that water leak, one being clogged drain for the inside cabin filter, second being leak from firewall or fender grommets and finally some issues with the sealing of the windshield and cowl cover.

Do a search on Mustang water leak in this forum and you will find a lot of information.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/CS Convertible with Electronic package
Ordered 8/16/2012 / Built: 10/11/2012 / Delivered: 10/31/2012



Pervious ride:
Supercharged 2005 V6 Convertible Mineral Grey, 320 RWHP X-Charger Xtreme 2.6 #150 with 3.73 8.8" rear, Dual exhaust, MGW Shifter
Dineau is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
corrupt05's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 19
 
Dropped off my car today..had to pay for a rental car for 2 days,hopefully they can figure it out in 2 whole days..cant keep paying for rental cars fofr a brand new car with only 4500 miles on it..

@Dinaeu i checked for water under the floor mat and sjb, and its completely dry..

White 2013 Mustang GT Premium - Brembo - 3.73 - 6MT
corrupt05 is offline  
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
32Fountain's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Chesterfield
Posts: 545
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt05 View Post
Dropped off my car today..had to pay for a rental car for 2 days,hopefully they can figure it out in 2 whole days..cant keep paying for rental cars fofr a brand new car with only 4500 miles on it..

@Dinaeu i checked for water under the floor mat and sjb, and its completely dry..

Why didn't the dealer supply a loaner car for you? New car under warranty? Not your fault!

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
32Fountain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182