Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005-2014 Mustangs > 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011-2014 Mustang GT Tech Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 08-07-2013   #1 (permalink)
Darufe is offline Apprentice

Darufe's Country Flag
Edmonton   Alberta
Darufe is on a distinguished road
Default hellion twin turbo installed!

Well its been....frustrating to install. my hands are all messed up from trying to fit in places where a chinese pre pubescent girl could'nt even think of fitting a hand.

Some instructions left a bit to the imagination of the installer (ive talked to hellion about this and since they're super cool awesome guys they're going to modifiy the installation pdf to simplify things for people who havent installed these before. YAY for hellion customer support!!

After installing one of these kits doing another one would go ALOT quicker and much easier with far less cursing. There's nothing very technical about the install anyone with basic mechanical experience CAN figure it out given time and proper tools.

I got the tuner kit and added in ID1000 injectors (strongly recommend going this route)
Added a KB boost a pump.
ngk 1 heat range colder spark plugs
eboost 2
interceptor gauges (2) and a triple gauge pod
(i should have gotten extra heat wrap and wrapped all the piping i can but too late now)

Got blow by racing to email me a base tune and do some remote tuning.
Let me say that blow by racing has AWESOME customer support.
ive dealt with lethal performance and american muscle for most of my mods so far and have nothing negative to say about them but i'm VERY impressed by the folks at BBR. Steve and chris are awesome guys and know their stuff!!!

First impressions on the installed kit (still need to finalize the tune and get some more miles on it though)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA this thing is better then a threesome with twins!
HOLY ^%$#@ boost comes on early and just goes CRAZY past 4k rpm.
I have 275 nt555 tires in the rear dropped to 28psi and i couldn't even get third gear to grip past 4k this thing is a BEAST. i cant imagine how crazy this is going to feel on a built motor with 24 psi and some slicks!!!!

Sell your soul, your body, your first born daughter to sex slavery in another country if you have to. GET THIS KIT.

Oh and on a side note after leaving skid marks on the pavement and almost leaving some in my pants, my list of future mods have had a priority revision. BRAKES are now #1 (i do have the brembo kit but pads/lines are a must)

i'm considering going for a seibon carbon fiber hood to keep everything in there cooler as #2 mod

#3 will more then likely be a t56 magnum conversion kit with mcleod rxt with light weight aluminum flywheel and DS

#4 probably some strangle axles and different gears

#5 all the suspension stuff

#6 return style fuel system, built block (maybe l&m bbr or mmr dunno yet)

#X random stuff to throw in whenever, cage, race seats, frame bracing, rear seat delete 5 point harness and some weight reducing mods

So yeah just needed to share that. back to final touches on the build!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2013   #2 (permalink)
PurposeBuiltGT is offline Apprentice

PurposeBuiltGT's Country Flag
Crystal Lake   Illinois
PurposeBuiltGT is on a distinguished road

Please post some pics! I've been hovering over the checkout button with this kit in the cart but haven't heard a solid "yes buy this kit". I am really curious how it compares to the ON3 performance kit.
Magnaflow Competition Catback, Barton STS w/ 2-Post Bracket, Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilovers, UPR Race Panhard Bar & Brace, SCT Livewire BAMA Tuned, Steeda Ultimate Adjustable Sway Bar Kit, BMR LCA's w/ Spherical Bushings & Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA Mount
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 08-07-2013   #3 (permalink)
Brianwu is offline PONY Member

Brianwu's Country Flag
Edison   New Jersey
Brianwu is on a distinguished road

Hahaha funniest review I've seen in a while

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Unread 08-07-2013   #4 (permalink)
AMDanBailer is offline Site Sponsor

AMDanBailer's Country Flag  View AMDanBailer's HomePage
Malvern   Pennsylvania
AMDanBailer is on a distinguished road

This is hilarious!

I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the Hellion TT kit and you got everything installed pretty easily. Thanks for the kind words about us, we really appreciate it!

Keep up the great work with your build and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Unread 08-07-2013   #5 (permalink)
Sharad is offline Site Sponsor

Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida
Sharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the rough

That was an entertaining review.

Here's a strong vote for Mod #5!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Unread 08-07-2013   #6 (permalink)
JBert is offline BOSS Member

4.6L Member
S197 Member

JBert's Country Flag  View JBert's 5 photos
Douglas   Massachusetts
JBert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darufe View Post
. . . HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA this thing is better then a threesome with twins! . . . . GET THIS KIT. . . .
LOL . . . sadly, these are two things I will probably never experience in life
| whiney FRPP 3.73 gears | Roush CAI | 35% tint | custom STB | FRPP KR's | Bama 93R for the summer | Steeda UDP's | Shaftmasters alum d/s | 19x9.5 GT500 wheels with Goodyear F1's | Steeda Sport springs on GT500 struts/shocks and Steeda HD mounts | Brembo brakes | GT500 sway bars | JLT oil sep | TVS2300 still on the wish list
Unread 08-07-2013   #7 (permalink)
Ltngdrvr is offline SHELBY GT 350 Member

Ltngdrvr's Country Flag
Southeast   Texas
Ltngdrvr is on a distinguished road

No pics = Didn't happen...:p

Get some pics up asap!
Unread 08-07-2013   #8 (permalink)
Force Induced is offline Rookie

Force Induced's Country Flag
Lafayette   Louisiana
Force Induced is on a distinguished road

Gah I cannot wait to get my build done!!!! , Btw if you need a short block built call MMR and ask to speak to Mark you will not be let down with the knowledge and prices at MMR. I still have too many more parts to order but when the dust settles mine should be able to push 1000+ on a daily car
Unread 08-07-2013   #9 (permalink)
dsargent09 is offline Apprentice

5.0L Member

dsargent09's Country Flag
Pasadena   Texas
dsargent09 is on a distinguished road

Pics.......

2013 Performance White Mustang GT 5.0 MT, 3.73s Id1000 Injectors, BAP, Paxton 2200 SL, Barton Short throw shiter + bracket, On3 o/r x pipe
(Sold)2012 Race Red Mustang GT 5.0 MT
Unread 08-08-2013   #10 (permalink)

Darufe's Country Flag
Edmonton   Alberta

Jeez ok ok ill put up some pics haha
God what a week. So heres a few things that happened to me so far.

My best friend/helper broke the elbow fitting for the relocated ww tank.
So i drove around town all day trying to find a replacement. Bringing rhe tank with me to make sure the thread is right.
Well... drivinf really fast with open windows in a chipped diesel truck isnt a smart idea with a loose ww tub. Somewhere somehow it went flying out the window!

F it ill order a new one and elbow.

Put on the bumper (pita)
Go put some gas in since im down to 10km to empty...
Hmmm no power steering/service advancetrac. FML...oh wait i remember i tightened a clamp near the nattery and hit the pos terminal for a fraction of a second...
Main 100amp fuse blown. No biggy ill get a new one from ford in the morning!!!
Wont have one till tuesday. Only one in canada is 3600km away.
Fine bypass the damn thing!

Go for a drive on the highway do a few pulls. BAM white smoke!
Omfg!!! Noooo not a blown head gasket already wtf? No overboot didnt lean out wth whats going on?!
Stop and pop the hood. Neon green all over the passenger side valve covers.
During the entire build there was this ONE ac hose that was always in the way of EVERYTHING. Hellion says to bend it out of the way but realy...
No matter how u bend it...ITS IN THE WAY.
Turn out it was too close to a pipe and burst from the high heat/pressure.
Oh well no biggy i can just drive faster with the windows down.

Go pick up a friend to show off the godly horsepower upgrade and sick turbo sound.
Hard pull slow down let it cool off..hard pull again clankataclunkataclank under the hood.
Heart stops.
Brain freezes.
Urge to kill...rising
NoW WHAT?!

Well truth be told after so many days of fidling with the fitting and my friend loosing tools and bolta and breaking fittings i got lazy.
The bumper was put on very quickly so i can ride. The black plastic between the bumper and service panel was only jammed into the bumper and bolted in the rear.
So at high speeds it floppes out and started bouncing betwren the pavement and the bumper.
Thank GOD it was only that.
Rest of my day has been spent driving around with a huge shitgrin from ear to ear.

Should have my revised not so darn rich tune tomorrow and will prob go hit the quarter mile to datalog some wot full load runs! Yayyyyyyy
Now i gotta figure out how to post some pics on here
Unread 08-08-2013   #11 (permalink)

Darufe's Country Flag
Edmonton   Alberta

ok so heres what i took for pics.

uh i need to figure out how im gonna fit that damn eboost2 IN the speed of sound triple pillar.... eboost2 is 61mm pod is 64mm OD 1.5mm of material left to each side if i try to dremel it.
yeah its gonna kill it.
im open to suggestions.

as far as the "i need to fix that pic" i did fix it. that was the only weld in the kit that didnt get grinded down and cleaned up.
no biggy a dremel fixed that in no time and it gave me an excuse to polish all the ports while i was there. probably wont impact flow much but whatever i was in there might as well smoothen things up a bit with some tripoli
Attached Thumbnails
hellion twin turbo installed!-thegoodstuff.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-injectors-bap.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-intercooler.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-breathers-plugs.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-dayone.jpg  

hellion twin turbo installed!-dayonefront.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-day2.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-day3.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-somanythingstodo.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-needtofixthis.jpg  

hellion twin turbo installed!-lookingood.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-frontview.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-sideview.jpg  hellion twin turbo installed!-lazyghettoeboost.jpg  
Unread 08-08-2013   #12 (permalink)

Darufe's Country Flag
Edmonton   Alberta

oh and yeah before someone says something about my wheels being dirty as F***... i know i know chrome shouldnt be that black and covered with brake dust.
Unread 08-08-2013   #13 (permalink)

Ltngdrvr's Country Flag
Southeast   Texas

Need some heat shields for the hot side of the turbos, I'd be afraid of plastic parts around them melting!

And if you hadn't mentioned the brake dust everyone would have just thought those were "black chrome" wheels...:nogrinner
Unread 08-09-2013   #14 (permalink)

Darufe's Country Flag
Edmonton   Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Need some heat shields for the hot side of the turbos, I'd be afraid of plastic parts around them melting!

And if you hadn't mentioned the brake dust everyone would have just thought those were "black chrome" wheels...:nogrinner
Yeah i got 30' of titanium heat wrap on the way. Shoulda ordered it with the kit and wrap everything begore installing but..hindsight is 20/20 eh?
Unread 08-09-2013   #15 (permalink)

Ltngdrvr's Country Flag
Southeast   Texas

The wrap is great for the pipes but no good for the turbine housing, need a shield for that.

Hellion really ought to offer them as options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172