Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a Check charging system warning

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jerry9665 
#1 ·
Haven't driven my car in a couple of days and when I turned it on tonight I got the check charging system alert and the battery light lit up on the dash. Had my oil changed earlier this month and the dealer tested the battery and it came back good. Probably going to take it to the dealer in the morning to have it looked at. Anyone have this issue? I have a 2013 TP GT with about 25,000 miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
if the belt was slipped off that was def the problem, the alternator wasnt charging the battery.

on a side note, i have never understood why they use a picture of the battery as the icon for the charging system not charging. it confuses ppl who dont know cars. i cant tell you how many times ive heard someone changing their battery because the light comes on. that light has zero to do with battery condition it signifies a drop in voltage from the generator.

#6 ·
Got my car back today. Turns out a rodent climbed up in there and caused the belt to kick off. They hooked me up and covered it under warranty so I'm not complaining. The service advisor suggested peppermint spray under the hood to deter them. I hate rodents even more now!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.