Ford Mustang Forum banner

Racestar 15x10 wheels with whiteline LCA relocation brackets

5K views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  PMDmustang13 
#1 ·
I was thinking about getting a set of racestar or darkstar 15x10 wheels for the next time I go to the drag strip but since I'm lowered I am running whiteline LCA relocation brackets. I have heard of other people having rubbing issues when the rear sway bar relocation kit is used in combination with LCA relocation brackets. Is anyone running racestar 15x10 wheels with the sway bar relocation and the whiteline relocation brackets and not rubbing? If you did experience rubbing what did you have to do to solve it? Also my rear sway bar is the eibach non adjustable type that has the same mounting points and shape as the stock sway bar.

#2 ·
Bump. Is anyone running both LCA relocation brackets and sway bar relocation brackets, regardless of manufacturer? I know an expensive solution would be to get the whiteline rear sway bar as it does not use the stock mounting points but would prefer not to.

#3 ·
I don't know based on first hand knowledge. But I am pretty sure that there should not be an issue using BMR sway bar relocation brackets and using the proper Drag Star or Racestar 15x10s with the proper offsets. Make sure the rims are the specific ones for your model and year of mustang. And note that to use the sway bar relocation brackets that you will need to cut off bottom section of the OEM brackets on each side.

I ended up going with 15x8's with a 295 width drag radial and I don't like the looks of big fat donuts. I wish I went with 15x10's now. Also from what I hear the 275 width of drag radials or slicks probably works the best anyway.

#4 ·
Yea I wanted to go with 15x10 just to be covered on traction. I was looking at Mickey Thompson's website and they have a 295x55x15 ET Street S/S, or a 325x50x15 ET Street R. I'm thinking that the latter would be too much of tire for me but not sure. I was also concerned that the 325 may rub. What do you all think?

#5 ·
Well I can tell you that my P295/55/15's with the 15x8's seem to rub when I pull in and out of my driveway which has a small curb at the entry. It is when the body twists when I enter or leave the driveway at an angle. It may also possibly come in contact and rub at the drag strip during hard launches. My car is lowered approximately 1.5" front and back. The wider your tires the more drag friction you must overcome also. I believe that is why people use skinnies in front.

By the way my tires project about 1.5" outside the face of the rims. If I were going to do it again I would go with 275 wide tires. Here are 4 photos. I did not block out my license plate as they are old plates now.

Attachments

#6 ·
Wow that's a nice looking ride. Yea I'm leaning more towards the 295 width and 28" max tall tire. I'm lowered on Eibach pro kit springs which is a 1" drop in the front and a 1.5" drop in the rear (although with my car personally I think the rear only dropped 1.25") Currently running a 305/40R18 Nitto NT555R which is a 27.7" tall tire and I don't rub at all so I think I would be good. I'll have to do some test fitting once I determine which tire to go with

#7 ·
Remember that my tires are rubbing. There are grooves forming on the outside of the tread from my wheel well edges. I attached a tire size calculator spreadsheet if you are interested. It used to be a .xlsx file that I saved as .xls. Hopefully there are no problems with the file being reformatted. I can send you photos of the grooves if you want later.

Attachments

#8 ·
Huh, Kinda surprised your tires are rubbing. Maybe it has to do with more tire bulge from running a 295 wide tire on an 8 inch rim? I've heard of people being lowered 1-1.5" and running 305/45R18 tires without rubbing, and thats like 29" tall tire. Yes I'd like to see pics of the rubbing if you could PM me. Thanks.

#9 ·
I will have to take the photos later tonight after work. It may have to do with the rear spring weights or my settings on my adjustable shocks and struts. They are BMR SP067 handling springs I believe. I do love the BMR springs. Prior to that I had Vogtland sport springs which dropped the car about the same amount 1.2" advertised but they were a larger diameter and rubbed the body at the spring tower. I don't remember the tires rubbing with them so possibly if the BMR springs did drop 1.5" that would be .3 inch difference.

Maybe they only rub when the body twists going over a curb at an angle?

#10 ·
Here are a couple photos I forgot to take and post 5 days ago.

Attachments

#11 ·
Interesting, yea I would agree its happening when one side of the axle gets compressed. what offset and backspacing are your rims?

#12 ·
this is what was in my modification spreadsheet. this confuses me when i look at 2016 catalog. maybe there have been changes since 2013. i will double check when i get home in couple days.

Drag Star Rear Racing Rims 92-580150 DP 600 dollars 8/21/13 15x8's, 5x4.5" bolt Cir., 5.25" backspace, 25 mm offset

#13 ·
Looking at the pictures of the tires on your car again they are definitely sticking out past the fender, looks like you have the correct rim though. I checked american muscle's website and the model number for the 15x8 is 92-580150DP with a back spacing of 5.3 and an offset of +19mm

#14 ·
Yeah that is why I am confused my spreadsheet said +25 mm offset. Might have been marked that way on the box, or in the old catalog, or I made a mistake with my input in the spreadsheet. I believe the larger offset would stick the rim our further.

#15 ·
The offset according to the box the rims came indicates +19mm offset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.