Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Track Pack Confusion

17K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Thereaper 
#1 ·
What's up all. New member here and loving the site and new car. A bit confused tho. About a few things. I just traded in my 2006 mustang for a newer 2011. I've been reading some posts about the track pack and the more I read the more confused I am. I'm trying to find out if I have it or not. I've read that the track pack includes a front strut bar, 19 inch wheels, 3.73 gear ratio, different struts, different tune, etc. I have also read that it comes standard on all 2011 GTs. I have ALSO read that it was not available until 2014.

Here's what I know so far. I have 19 inch stock wheels, but no Brembo marked brakes. It's my understanding I have 3.73 gears. I read that if the sticker in my door frame has a BB code, then I have the 3.73 ratio. I do have a front strut brace and the ambient light package and HID lights. My oil cap doesn't read 5-50 oil tho... but when I check my manual, it doesn't say anything about a 5-50 oil option OR a track pack option anywhere for that matter.

I thought the track pack included brembos? But I have 3.73 gears and a strut bar.... man this is confusing....:|

#2 ·
2011s did not come with a track pack. The only option that year for a more track inspired car was the Brembo Break Package which only came on manual cars. The Brembo cars also included different parts on the suspension. 2012 introduced the BOSS.

The confusion lies in that Ford also introduced the A6 and the California Special packages which both included 19" wheels but did not include Brembo Brakes. These are appearance mods only and did nothing to improve performance or handling, except the inclusion summer performance (sticky) tires.

One of the main features of a Track Package car is the Trosen rear differential which the 2011 and 2012 cars did not have.

#3 ·
the person before you could have ordered the car with 3.73's as well as the 19 inch wheels or had them added after the fact. post a picture of your car. Also the ones with track packs now still don't have a page in the manual. Theres another forum on here about that missing page. Apparently for has it but we don't.

#4 ·
As said, 2011s don't have a Track Pack. They had the Brembo Brake Package which included...Brembo brakes up front, bespoke suspension, bars and bushings, different calibration for the TC and SC. It could come with any of the available ratios out back with the manual trans. They took 5W20 oil like any other Mustang.

No Brembo brakes, you don't have it. Nothing confusing about it.

#5 ·
5LHO is correct. Only 2013 and 2014 track package mustang gt's which come with Brembo brakes in front, Boss 302 Oil Cooler, and Torsen Differential with .373's.

#6 ·
Mine has the track pack I believe and it's a 14 not sure what features it has for good anyways besides the brembos up front

#8 ·
just seeing if im missing something or if my car has something that I don't know about since it has the track package

#9 ·
Thanks for the response everyone. The guy before me must have ordered the extras. There were actually 2 owners before me. Kinda strange because the first owner had the car for about 4 years. The 2nd owner, the owner before me, had the car for 6 months. But I do know I have the 3.73 gears, strut tower brace, 19" wheels, and the sport mode. I checked to see if I could engage sport mode this afternoon and it worked ok. I didn't even know any such a track pack existed until after I purchased the car. I'll grab some pictures here in a few.

#10 ·
Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How to achieve the factory 0-60 with Auto

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:
  • Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
  • 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
  • GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
  • Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
  • Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
  • Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

The GT Track Package comes with all of the above +

• 3.73 final ratio
  • Torsen limited slip dif
  • Boss Radiator
  • Engine Oil cooler

Reactions: gemini9
#12 ·
Il check the diff and see when I get home I do have the track pack wheels and brace under the hood though

#13 ·
It's all coming together now. Makes sense. Thanks for clearing it all up I was really warping my brain over this. The whole thing started at the dealership. When I traded in my 06, I wanted to swap the wheels. I had some aftermarket Shelby500 style 18x10 wheels on my 06. The sales person said at first, "sure, buy the 2011 and we will have your wheels swapped, but you'll have to buy new sensors." no biggie I thought. Later he came back (after I signed the sales papers) and said, "sorry man our tech says we can't swap your wheels because your 18's won't fit this new 2011. It won't clear the brake calipers; that's why this one has 19's" I thought it sounded fishy so I went looking on the internet and discovered my old 18 inch wheels would fit fine UNLESS my car had the Brembo brakes equipped. One thing led to another and I ended up reading about these track packages and other options I was unaware of. Did find out there's no reason my old wheels would not have fit. Salesman was just being lazy.

Well I'll go ahead and put up a few pictures anyway. :) .

Attachments

#18 ·
Very nice! I have tried a few different VIN look up tools and none of them brought up any list of features like this one did. Very cool. Thanks for the link, it was a great help.
"Less performance pack" and "Less premium brakes" makes me sad lol but at least I got the 3.73 gears and some kinda perimeter alarm with an intruder sensor. Is that the little sensors up by the map lights?

#22 ·
However it shakes out that is a very cool Hot Rod you've got there - love that blue. Keep in mind that like everywhere else on the 'net you may receive incorrect info here too - running the VIN is your best bet - and I have never seen the factory Torsen diff in anything other than a finned aluminium diff cover - not the black stamped steel one.
Drive it and enjoy it

Scott

#23 ·
Thanks to everyone who provided their opinions, it's been a great help. Track pack or no, I still love the car and will be submitting my first car payment tomorrow. I doubt I'll have much money left over to put into the mods (after other financial obligations), but even bone stock, the 5.0 mustang is a nice ride.

#24 ·
Unfortunately the VIN window sticker lookup database does not seem to be working any more. It's been down for a few weeks, as far as I know. I guess Ford decided we will need to pay for that information from now on.

You can get an official "build sheet" from Ford, for a small fee . . . there was a thread on here about it a while back with post from the Ford customer service rep (Desha) with the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.