Ford Mustang Forum banner

13-14 DRLs possible defect

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Thereaper 
#1 ·
So I noticed my driver side DRLs more yellow or warm compared to the more white or cool color of my passenger side DRLs. The actual headlight produce the same color.

Did Ford put two different kinds of LEDs in them? Any possible fix? I'm still under warranty so I could go that route.

I'd rather just buy a set of smoked headlights from AM rather than a single OEM headlight.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
They are daytime running lights. And I would take it in and have it checked out if they'll even look at you. (It would bother me quite a bit too, I'm not saying that it's not a legit concern - just that dealers probably won't want to check out a slightly off color running light). Mine are both cool white and I think that's important to making the car aggressive looking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
You could go buy a Chevy and have 1 of them burn out completely in less than a year :)

I can see what appears to be a slightly different brightness in your picture, but that could have to do with the fact that your not perfectly center in your picture.

Nobody is going to see the DRL difference in the day due to the fact that the sun is out. At night you will have the headlights on you won't be able to see them anyway.

#10 ·
They are what the USA uses. They're on in a manual any time the parking brake is down and the vehicle is running. In an auto, they are on whenever the vehicle is in any gear other than park (I'm assuming) and the engine is running.

If you don't think these are DRLs, I'm curious as to what your DRLs are?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Canadian 13+ varies in what is DRL. Since LEDs were illegal to use as DRLs, most 13+ cars come without grille fogs, which were what was used for DRLs before. My late 14 has the issue remedied and the grille fogs are present and are the DRLs.

#13 ·
LED lamps are subject to color shift, meaning that over time the color temperature could change. I'm an electrical engineer and design buildings, including the lighting. You could take it to the dealership and see what they say, but I wouldn't expect much because all they will care about is if they work or not. From your pic I don't see much of a difference between the two DRL's. But actually the passenger side looks warmer (more yellow) than the driver's side. Not by much though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.