Ford Mustang Forum banner

New here

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  wildhorse44 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am new here. I recently picked up a 2011 GT premium with 20K miles and I love it so far. I am currently looking for wheels as I hate what is on it right now. I am looking at TSW. Does anyone have an feed back on the company?

Here is a pic

See less See more
#3 ·
It's great to have a new Mustang owner to the site.:grin:

#5 ·
Lots of good vendors...do your research so you can buy with confidence. Agreed, those wheels look like ****. TSW are nice.

#7 ·
Hello all. I am new here. I recently picked up a 2011 GT premium with 20K miles and I love it so far. I am currently looking for wheels as I hate what is on it right now. I am looking at TSW. Does anyone have an feed back on the company?

Here is a pic

Welcome and nice car OP, I had one just like it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Welcome and nice car. I was in the USAF from '64-'68 and spent 23 months in Montgomery at the old Gunther AFB. I was a radar operator working at the old SAGE direction center there. It was a tumultuous time in our country's history, especially in the south [ Selma march etc.] It was one of the few times I've ever gotten a traffic ticket I didn't deserve. I had Il. [ "Land of Lincoln" license plates ] , the first year I was there, next year I had Alabama "Heart of Dixie" plates and no more problems. The small town of Wetumpka was just up the road from Gunther and some of my friends and I would drive my '58 Dodge there to the local burger joint. The locals used to do burnouts up a hill next to the burger joint. I had a transplanted 361 cu. in. Chrysler "B" engine in the Dodge instead of the stock 325 cu.in. poly motor. With an open diff in the Dodge it would absolutely roast the right rear tire going up the hill. Tires back then were a joke compared to what we have today, but it looked impressive. I believe TSW is a German company and makes some decent wheels. When shopping for wheels I know looks matters,[ there are some wheels I wouldn't have on my riding mower,] but there are some dimensions & qualities that are truly important. In general the larger the wheel the heavier it is. Not all wheels are as strong or as true and round as they should be. Backspace matters and not just so they clear everything. Too little backspace will increase the scrub radius. Whatever wheels you get, I suggest that they be put on a dynamic balancer BEFORE you mount the tires. This way you can find out if the wheels themselves are in perfect balance and if they are round and true. They SHOULD be, but not all of them are. OEM wheels are often heavier than we might like and you can't always find a style that you're looking for, but generally the backspace is correct and the quality is good. Car makers really don't like the bad <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR that comes from recalls and lawsuits. Enjoy your time in Italy.

#10 ·
Welcome and nice car. I was in the USAF from '64-'68 and spent 23 months in Montgomery at the old Gunther AFB. I was a radar operator working at the old SAGE direction center there. It was a tumultuous time in our country's history, especially in the south [ Selma march etc.] It was one of the few times I've ever gotten a traffic ticket I didn't deserve. I had Il. [ "Land of Lincoln" license plates ] , the first year I was there, next year I had Alabama "Heart of Dixie" plates and no more problems. The small town of Wetumpka was just up the road from Gunther and some of my friends and I would drive my '58 Dodge there to the local burger joint. The locals used to do burnouts up a hill next to the burger joint. I had a transplanted 361 cu. in. Chrysler "B" engine in the Dodge instead of the stock 325 cu.in. poly motor. With an open diff in the Dodge it would absolutely roast the right rear tire going up the hill. Tires back then were a joke compared to what we have today, but it looked impressive. I believe TSW is a German company and makes some decent wheels. When shopping for wheels I know looks matters,[ there are some wheels I wouldn't have on my riding mower,] but there are some dimensions & qualities that are truly important. In general the larger the wheel the heavier it is. Not all wheels are as strong or as true and round as they should be. Backspace matters and not just so they clear everything. Too little backspace will increase the scrub radius. Whatever wheels you get, I suggest that they be put on a dynamic balancer BEFORE you mount the tires. This way you can find out if the wheels themselves are in perfect balance and if they are round and true. They SHOULD be, but not all of them are. OEM wheels are often heavier than we might like and you can't always find a style that you're looking for, but generally the backspace is correct and the quality is good. Car makers really don't like the bad <acronym title="Page Ranking"><acronym title="Page Ranking">PR that comes from recalls and lawsuits. Enjoy your time in Italy.
Thanks for the info brother. I lived on Gunter for most of my 6 years while stationed in Montgomery but worked on Maxwell. Thanks for sharing a story from your time there. I am sure that it has changed quite a bit since you were there last.

#12 ·
Heck yeah man, I'm stationed at Luke and just got my first Mustang a few weeks ago. Welcome.

#15 ·
I have settled on the TSW Bathursts in gloss gun metal. I tried ordering them from two different people and neither could get them to me here in italy. So I ordered them from Amazon and so far it looks like they are going to ship. Hopefully it works out and then they should be in here in a month or so..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.