Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011 mustang gt with power loss at 3 grand

797 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ford351sickness 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i have done some searches and i have seen some people have had similar issues. I have borla s type exhaust system with their h pipe, jlb intake system and an x4 tuner with a tune from bama. i have had this setup running for over a year without any issue up until last month. If i accelerate and as soon as i hit 3 grand it feels like the timing has been pulled or the fuel has been cut. My exhaust note even changes. I havent found a way to check the fuel pressure so i didnt know if the pump was going out. So i took it to ford and see if it was the pump, but they are stump as to why the car is losing power. Also, sometimes the car will stall when slowing down. Im thinking about doing a tune up and coil changes. they thought the maf sensor was faulty but nothing happened for the better. so... im even questioning the tps as well, anything related for fuel delivery. Im just at a loss and i was hoping someone has figured this out

Reactions: lars DK73
#2 ·
Do a datalog. That will narrow it down . Any CEL? Maybe you got some crap fuel and it is pulling timing. That wouldn't cause the stalling though. I wouldn't spend a dime until you do the log.

#3 ·
I logged it a couple of weeks ago and everything looked as it should. Sent it to the tuner and he said it looked clean. Its something on the motor itself. Im just going to have to just trouble shoot it out when i get the car back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.